ADVENT CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF MYANMAR
When Cyclone Nargis struck the Irrawaddy Delta in the south of Myanmar in May 2008, with a storm surge which carried more than 40 km inland, the result was more than 140,000 deaths and more than 800,000 people displaced, and a huge number of orphaned children. Pastor T, the leader of the Advent Christian Church of Myanmar, who had a small outreach ministry in the area, went quickly to the area and returned with a number of orphaned children who he had undertaken to care for, as did many other Christian organisations and leaders from throughout the country. In the weeks and months and years that have followed, Pastor T and the organisations of the other three leaders of the ACCM, have shown Christian care and compassion as they have given homes to and cared for and educated and shared God’s love with many orphaned children and children from seriously disadvantaged situations. At present these four ACCM organisations in Yangon, and their outreaches in other parts of the country, are caring for a total of 304 children and young people.
Pastor T wrote recently to tell of the joy that he and his wife and their extended family had recently when one of the oldest of the children they have cared for, was married early in February at their orphans’ home. H T completed a Bachelor of Theology degree at a Bible College last year and married M C, and together they are seeking the Lord’s leading and provision to plant a church in a Buddhist area of Yangon.
Please pray with them and for them as they seek to share the Gospel with their people.
Some of H T’s fellow orphan children provided song and dance for the ceremony
A few days later Pastor T wrote to ask us to pray for the pastor of one of their outreach churches in Yangon and his family, who are all presently suffering from Covid 19. Pastor K S and his family care for 12 orphans
Please pray for these folk, asking the Great Physician for quick and complete healing for them all. Please pray also that the children they care for will not catch the virus.
FELLOWSHIP BIBLE MINISTRIES
Pastor D’s organisation cares for 97 orphan or disadvantaged children in several locations in Yangon – he wrote earlier this week as follows…
“Greetings in the name of Jesus Christ from Myanmar. Most of our children are sick by flu or Covid including my family and myself.
We hope we will be recovering soon.”
Please pray for Pastor D and his family and the children they care for, asking the Lord to bring quick and complete healing for all those who are unwell.
Earlier in the year he wrote as follows…
“This is our prayer request for 2022.
For the new year of 2022 we have a big dream and vision for the kingdom of God in our country.
We are very small church and ministry but we have a great vision and strong faith in Him.
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened for you.
This is our vision and praying for 2022.
- We are praying to send and support more church planters around in our country.
- We want to train more young people to become church planters and leaders in our country.
- We want to care and provide more children for their education, physical and spiritual life – one child needs for food, clothing, tuition fee and medical.
- We want to distribute Bible to new believers in our ministry. Thousands of people believers and unbelievers did not have Bible in their hand. We share gospel and when people accepted Jesus as their saviour and Lord they need Bible for their life. One Bible cost is US$5-8 and we are praying to distribute 1000 in the year of 2022.
- We want to have 10 motorcycles – 3 for *MBC staffs, and 7 for church planters and orphanage homes. It is useful for travel here and there to go market for MBC staffs and share evangelism outreach for church planters.
- We are praying to have 2 laptops computers for our college’s staff. Their computer is very old and not good working most of the time.
Thank you so much for your praying and concern for the kingdom of God and to fulfill the great commission of Jesus Christ here in Myanmar.
Thanks and God bless you.
*MBC stands for Myanmar Bible College, a residential college which normally has about 30 students from various parts of Myanmar.
Will you please join Brother D and his team to pray for the Lord’s leading and guidance and provision for this very extensive vision for 2022.
(I have details of approximate costs for the items listed should the Lord prompt you to assist Brother D to fulfil his vision – please contact me at email@example.com)