Sister Ma’am Nely Gamayon, Director of Oro Bible College, Cagayan de Oro, has forwarded a copy of her report for the College year 2018 – 2019
ORO BIBLE COLLEGE
32 Max Suniel Street, Carmen
9000 Cagayan de Oro City
May 8, 2019 OBC Director’s Report for School Year 2018-2019
Preschool: 28 but with 3 drop outs – only 25 finished the school year
|First Semester:||Second Semester|
- The AB Theology graduates were:
- Abecia, Rovelito – from Tambobo-an Advent Christian Church
- Ayudtud, Noel – Living Word Ministries, International, Lugait Mis. Or.
- Bagsac, Bernadeth – Celebration Church International, Cagayan de Oro
- Dilag, Jenilyn – Maranatha Bible Church, Mindagat Bukidnon
- Harnaiz, Bernardino Jr. – Indahag Christian Fellowship Cagayan de Oro
- de la Llana, Honorio III – Lord Jesus Our Redeemer, Cagayan de Oro
- Macarayo, Nelmer – Mount Olive Gospel Church, Pangantucan Bukidnon
- Samonte, Christopher – Christ Blessed Family Church, Opol Mis. Or.
- Samonte, Lorna – Christ Blessed Family Church, Opol, Mis. Or.
- Waslo, Naisy – Mount Olive Gospel Church, Cagayan de Oro
- Tolomia, Carlo – Generation Christ Church, Cagayan de Oro
Below is the picture of the graduates on graduation day.
- On March 21, 2019 6 students were commissioned for internship. Danilo Burlat from New Life Fellowship, Imburnal Cagayan de Oro will have his internship at the Maranatha Bible Church Loay, Bohol with Pastor ElMark Olape as his supervisor and Pastor Jess P. Gawangon as his OBC adviser. Roselyn Dap-og from Cagayan de Oro will do her internship at the Christian Church of the Upper Room, Pagatpat Cagayan de Oro with Ruben Dap-og as her supervisor and Miss Minda C. Lipanta as his OBC adviser. Naizam Nebreja from Hinaplanan Maranatha Bible Church will do his internship at Maranatha Bible Church, Gingoog City with Pastor Repuco Zambas as his supervisor and Pastor Reniel M. Comajeg as his OBC adviser. Brian Pantallano from Libona Bukidnon, will do his internship at the Covenant of Christ Church, with Bishop Christopher Samonte as his supervisor and Dr. Nely M. Gamayon as his college adviser. George Pantallano from Libona, Bukidnon will have his internship at the Covenant of Christ Church with Pastor Reniel Comajeg as his supervisor and college adviser. Jerrom O. Uy will do his internship at the Blessed Hope Christian Community Church International Cagayan de Oro City, with Rev. Joshua T. Udang as his supervisor and Pastor Billy M. Comahig as his college adviser. These interns will have orientation together with their parents on June 7, 2019 and they will leave for their places of assignment on June 8, 2019. They are expected to return to the College on October 14, 2019 for submission of completed reports, submission of journal and debriefing.
- The speaker for the 15th Moving Up Exercises of the Preschool was Pastora Mila T. Udang of the Blessed Hope Christian Community Church International, Cagayan de Oro City. For the 41st Commencement Exercises of the College, the invited speaker was Joshua T. Udang of the Blessed Hope Christian Community Church International, 17th-7th streets, Nazareth Cagayan de Oro City. Reverend Bishop Herminigildo Mahinay was the speaker for the Anointing and Commissioning Service held at the Oro Bible College Chapel. Speakers to the aforementioned programs and ceremonies were chosen and recommended by the faculty and staff.
- Field Education:
NSTP – First Year Students
Students who were taking the NSTP held classes with Miss Minda C. Lipanta for one hour three times every week. Saturdays the student and teacher conducted a children’s ministry gathering children from the neighborhood of OBC bring them to the campus and held tutorial classes with them, helping them with their difficulties on their school lessons, taught them values and character formation lessons, and bible lessons for Christian living. The children’s ministry included feeding the children with food prepared by the NSTP students. All the children who attended the classes were catholic, but there we 10 children who accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Some of the parents were supportive of the children’s ministry and were positive for home Bible studies.
On Sundays, students go home to their churches to preach, teach and disciple children, youth and adults; leading worship, play music instruments during worship, lead youth fellowship, prayer meetings, small groups, home Bible studies and did home visitations.
Annually, tree planting and street cleaning are part of the NSTP classes community awareness lessons. Together with students of other colleges and universities in the city, they attend seminars and participate in community outreach activities. Trainings in response to calamity and safety was also conducted in coordination with people contacted to conduct the seminar with the various institutions and industries in the city and region 10.
Ministry Skills – Second Year and Third Year Students
On weekends, second year and third year students went out to the various churches where they were assigned to teach children, youth and adults in Sunday School, lead worship, play musical instruments for worship, lead bible studies, teach and lead young people in the youth groups, preach on Sundays as requested and during prayer meetings when asked; assisted the pastors and leaders of the churches for any ministry they were called upon to help. Some were involved in the community outreach work in their own churches. Most of them were also involved in discipleship ministry and leadership training.
For this year’s ministry skills, the students were able to teach and disciple 143 children, 108 young people, and 81 adults; and there were 116 who accepted the Lord. When requested upon to minister on Sundays, the students had an average attendance of 193 for their preaching times.
Internship – First Semester – Fourth Year Students
For academic year 2018-2019 interns were able to comply with the requirements for the program of internship in the churches they were assigned to.
Rovelito Jr. U. Abecia of Madaguing, Claveria was able to assist in the pastoral work of his supervisor, Rev. Eleazar M. Comajig at New Life Church, Iligan City. The intern was also assigned to do follow up work in the church planting ministry in Lugait, Misamis Oriental.
Rev. Noel B. Ayudtud was already an ordained minister and was pastoring his church, Living Word Ministries International when he enrolled at OBC. He spent his internship in his own church doing pastoral ministry and getting involved in community outreach work in coordination with a government agency and doing campus ministry with his members at the local high school.
Bernardino Harnaiz Jr. spent his internship period at the Naburos Advent Christian Church with Pastor John Sarmiento as his supervisor and Pastor Reniel M. Comajeg as his college adviser. The intern was able to assist the pastor in all his ministries at the church. He also led several Bible studies in the island using the Foundation of Faith material translated into the vernacular. Several Bible studies were left to the church for follow – up at the end of the student’s internship.
Honorio de la Llana III was assigned in Lord Jesus Our Redeemer Church, Carmen, Cagayan de Oro with Reverend Fernando Relatado as his supervisor and Miss Minda Lipanta as his college adviser. The intern assisted in the pastoral ministry of his supervisor. He was given the opportunity to preach on Sundays, teach Sunday school, lead prayer meetings, home visitations, lead youth and adult Bible studies, lead the youth group and preached during a birthday celebration, counseled families and preached on special occasions he was required to give an exhortation.
Nelmer Macarayo did his internship at Loay Advent Christian Church, Loay Bohol with Pastor ElMark O. Compra as his supervisor and Pastor Billy M. Comahig as his college adviser. He was assigned to preach, lead meetings, participate in worship leading , lead and disciple young people, and young professionals and taught Sunday school classes of the various levels.
Rev. Christopher Samonte was an ordained minister when he enrolled at OBC. He also finished his diploma in church ministry from a non-CHED recognized Bible College in Valencia, Bukidnon. He did his internship leading a group of churches he and his wife have planted at El Salvador City. He was associate pastor of a church before he came to OBC to earn a government-recognized degree in Theology.
Rev. Carlo Tolomia was a third year nursing student at the Liceo de Cagayan University when he was called into fulltime pastoral ministry. He worked as associate pastor to Rev. Ching Roa at the Jesus Is Lord Church after which he decided to start an independent church in Cogon, Cagayan de Oro. He did his internship at his own church with Dr. Nely A. Gamayon as college adviser. His church is still growing and he intends to implement what he has learned at OBC in his pastoral ministry and also support the ministry of the college in whatever way he can.
Bernadeth Bagsac did her internship at her home church, the Celebration International Church Incorporated, Cagayan de Oro, with Bishop Alex Eduave as her supervisor and Mrs. Amy R. Gawangon as college Adviser. Bernadeth was assigned as caseworker of the Compassion ministry of the church, teach Sunday school, lead small discipleship groups and preach to the children and their parents of the compassion ministry. She also did counseling on the kids and their parents.
Jenilyn Dilag had her internship at the Jesus Is Alive Community Church Cagayan de Oro City with Pastora Josephine Jesusa Rojo as her supervisor and Miss Minda Lipanta as college adviser. Jenilyn did her internship for school year 2016-2017 already, for she was supposed to graduate by March of the aforementioned school year; but she was disciplined for immorality. She got pregnant during the second semester with her relationship with Johnny Boy Ocdenaria, a second year student. After investigation and the two were found guilty, they were advised to take the year off and settle the matter with their own families. They were required to confess before the school administration and student body and then they were sent home. Both came back and pleaded that Jenilyn be allowed to complete her studies as she only lacked the second semester of the fourth year. With written commitments from the couple, recommendations from the church and family, their pastor, Jenilyn was allowed to finish her studies.
Lorna Samonte did her internship at the Christ Blessed Family Church International, El Salvador City together with her husband Rev. Christopher Samonte, another graduate. She assisted her husband in their church planting and pastoral ministry. Lorna studied at the Immanuel Bible College, Cebu City before coming to OBC. She and her husband were already doing church ministry before coming to OBC. Her college adviser was Fe M. Laturgo.
Naisy Waslo did her internship at the Mount Olive Gospel Church, Macabalan, Cagayan de Oro City with Rev. Neiller Asequia as her supervisor and Mizpah Joy C. Zambas as her college adviser. Naisy is a teacher at the Mount Olive Academy, the para-church ministry of Mount Olive. She also heads the youth ministry of the church and sits in the leadership of the church as one of the elders.
The accomplishment of the interns include the following:
Number of people evangelized – 164
Accepted the Lord – 61
Baptisms – 14
Children’s ministry – 905 (total all students)
Youth teaching and Discipleship – 588
Number of preaching times – 20 pastor/pastora
5 each regular student
After their internship, students came back to the College with their faith strengthened and their commitment to fulltime ministry deepened because of what they experienced in their practicum. They have seen some problems and challenges, but according to them during debrief, these things did not discourage them in finishing their training at OBC. All eleven of them were excited to work in the church after graduation. We praise God for all that He has done through the OBC faculty, staff and students for the past school year. We were able to minister to many people in the various churches we went to in our Ministry Skills, student internship and college promotion activities.
Church Planting (Fourth Year – Second Semester)
Senior students were sent to assist in the church planting endeavor of Maranatha Bible Church Tagoloan, Misamis Oriental. The result:
Their ministry is the following:
Attendance to worship and preaching – 225
Bible studies in small groups – 4
Evangelized – 9
Accepted the Lord – 9
The senior students were also involved in a campus ministry at the Misamis Oriental General Comprehensive High School. The students were able to minister to 400 students in their meetings and one-on-one discipleship meetings.
From June 2018 to March 2019 Oro Bible College through its Field Education department was able to assist in pastoral ministry and in the various ministries of 25 Advent Christian and Non-Advent Christian local churches. The following is the list of churches ministered by OBC students and faculty.
- New Life Church, Iligan City
- Living Word Ministries International, Lugait Mis. Or.
- Celebration Church International, Cagayan de Oro
- Lord Jesus Our Redeemer Church, Carmen Cagayan de Oro
- Maranatha Bible Church, Mindagat, Bukidnon
- Christian Fellowship and Learning Center, Indahag, Cag. de Oro
- Lagonglong Church Planting Minsitry of Tagoloan MBC
- Christ Blessed Family Church International, El Salvador City
- Mount Olive Gospel Church, Macabalan, Cagayan de Oro
- New Life Fellowship of Imburnal, Camaman-an, Cag. de Oro
- Christian Church of Upper Room, Pagatpat, Cagayan de Oro
- Maranatha Bible Church of Hinaplanan, Claveria Mis Or.
- Covenant of Christ Church Ministry, Libona, Bukidnon
- Sea and Sun Ministries International, Camiguin
- Naburos Advent Christian Church, Misamis Occidental
- Arise Christian Ministries, Claveria, Misamis Oriental
- Blessed Hope Christian Community Church International, Nazareth, Cagayan de Oro City
- Christ the King Community Church, Camaman-an, Cagayan de Oro City
- Mustard Seed of Pangasihan, Gingoog City
- Christ the Spring of Living Water, Opol, Misamis Oriental
- Cagayan de Oro Reformed Church, Balulang
- Maranatha Bible Church, Tagoloan Misamis Oriental
- Blessed Life Global Fellowship, Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro
- Generation Christ Church, Cagayan de Oro
- Maranatha Bible Church, Carmen, Cagayan de Oro
OBC interns assisting their supervisors in baptizing new converts
Through the holding of an OBC Sunday in local churches, we are able to promote the college. We have pending invitations for the incoming school year from Advent and non-Advent Christian churches. Please pray for us as we go about promoting the college to the local churches in the Region. Our challenges include finances in bringing the whole studentry, faculty and staff to these local churches and the safety of our travels. CHED issued a very strict memo on educational trips for all the higher education institutions in the whole country. We hope through this activity, we are able to challenge the churches of their need for residence training in theology.
- Lifelong Learners
Accommodation for the pastors and church workers from COEMA and other evangelical churches in the city and province of Misamis Oriental ends on School Year 2017-2018. Those who are already enrolled and have taken courses for the AB Theology program will graduate with the old curriculum. No more new admissions to that program will be allowed by June 2018. Practitioners in the church ministry who desires to earn the degree will have to enroll with the new curriculum with the new GE courses and take the classes on regular schedule. The last batch of lifelong learners will graduate by March 2021.
- Administration and faculty/staff
- Nely A. Gamayon – President, Academic Affairs, Professor to GE and Concentration Courses and represented the college to CHED and Non-CHED meetings, dialogues and conferences.
- Pastor Billy Comahig – Dean of Student Affairs, Professor of Bible and Ministry Courses,
- Pastor Reniel M. Comajeg – Dean of Spiritual Life, Professor for Theology, Bible and Ministry Courses; Chairman of the Discipline Committee, Supervisor at the Boys’ Dorm
- Miss Minda C. Lipanta – Dean of Field Education, General Services, Teacher for Ministry Skills courses, Supervisor at the Girls’ Dorm
- Fe M. Laturgo – Librarian and Bookkeeper
- Mizpah Joy C. Zambas – Registrar; Coordinator for Co-Curricular programs
- Myriam S. Abejuela – Finance Officer
- Amy R. Gawangon – Preschool Teacher
- Hannah A. Colot – Teacher for Nursery
B. Part-time Faculty
- Ronie B. Miranda – Rizal, Pol Scie, Phil. History
- Arthur M. Ranque – Natural Science Courses
- Jerome Valdez – Math & Statistics
- Liza Marie Zosa – Music and Choir
- Nathan A. Gamayon – Information Technology
- Jess Gawangon – Theology and Bible
- Rev. Jonathan B. Enaje – Theology and Bible
- Darryl Llido – Physical Education
- Jhun Louie B. Enaje – Worship Learning Skills 1&2
C. Academic Support Personnel
- Fe M. Laturgo – Librarian,
- Mizpah Joy C. Zambas – Registrar
- Minda C. Lipanta – NSTP Coordinator
- Nathan A. Gamayon – ICT Personnel
D. Non-Academic Support Personnel
- Finance Officer Miss Myriam S. Abejuela
- Bookkeeper Mrs. Fe Laturgo
- Dorm Supervisors Miss Regelyn H. Dilag and Pastor Reniel M. Comajeg
- General Services Miss Minda Lipanta
- Auditor Mr. Lucio Dinorog Accounting Office
- Security: Mr. Jhon Veb N. Humaynon
E. Board of Directors
- Rev. Virgilio Pallo – Chairman
- Bishop Herminigildo Mahinay – Member
- Rev. Nelson Villanueva – Member
- Mrs. Floridez V. Tejano – Member, Secretary
- Bishop Efren Miranda – Ex-Officio Member
- Dr. Nely A. Gamayon, Ph.D – Director, Treasurer
- Physical Plant Needs
Repairs on Door Jams, door knobs
- Rooms at the ladies’ dorm
- Conference room
Repair and Replacement of Gutter and Ceiling on the ff:
- Stairway and stairwell
- Restroom first floor classroom building
- Ladies’ dorm kitchen
- Administration building
- Preschool Monkey bar
- Cupboards of ladies’ dorm
- Lavatory of Ladies’ dorm kitchen
- Lavatory of ladies’ dorm restroom
- Lavatory of Men’s dorm restrooms
- Bookshelves at the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs
- Toilet seat of Admin building men’s restroom
- Roof of the Admin building
- Preschool rear wall to be replaced with concrete
- Preschool Restroom door
- Blackboard of nursery classroom
- Preschool classroom ceiling fans
- Wall of the following: Canteen area, Ladies’ dorm, Classrooms, Finance Office, Spiritual Life Dean ‘s Office, Preschool Classrooms
Major Repairs on the ff:
- Admin building gutters and ceiling
- Classroom building
- Faculty House
- Restroom of Men’s dorm
- Faculty workshop conducted in the last Week of March, 2019
A faculty workshop and strategic planning was conducted by all the fulltime faculty and staff of the college. Evaluation was conducted on the previous school year, then target setting on plans and approaches for the new school year – 2019-2020. Calendar of activities for the school year was drawn, as well as recommendations to be submitted to the board were discussed.
- OBC Alumni:
Alumni officers and members held a welcome party for the new graduates of the AB Theology program. The activity was held at the Maranatha Bible Church headed by the officers of the alumni association. The Dean of Student Affairs, Pastor Billy Comahig, Dean of Spiritual Life and the Dean of Field Education represented the College during the said event.
- Recommendation for Job Assignments SY 2018-2019:
- Nely A. Gamayon – School President Teaching: GE and Ministry Courses
- Minda C. Lipanta – Dean- Field Education Program, Manager of Physical Plant & Property Custodian, Teaching NSTP and FE
- Reniel M. Comajeg Dean of Academic Affairs, Teaching: Theology & Bible Courses
- Billy M. Comahig -Dean – Spiritual Life Formation and Development, DormSupervisor, Teaching: Theology & Bible Courses
- Myriam S. Abejuela – Finance Officer
- Mizpah Joy C. Zambas -Registrar, Coordinator for Co-Curricular Programs
- Fe M. Laturgo – Librarian, Dean of Student Affairs And Bookkeeper
- Amy R. Gawangon Teacher – Kindergarten Class
- Hannah A. Colot Teacher – Nursery Class
- Regelyn H. Dilag – General Services, Dorm Supervisor, Teaching FE classes
- Part-time Teachers:
- Pastor Jess P. Gawangon – Theology & Biblical Languages
- Jonathan B. Enaje – Theology & Bible
- Jhun Louie B. Enaje – Worship Skills
- Daryll Llido – Physical Education
- Liza Marie Zosa – Music and Choir
- Charrizze Mahinay – Understanding the Self
- Ronie Miranda – Rizal and Phil. History
- Jerome Valdez – Mathematics
- Nathan A. Gamayon – Information Technoloy
- Prayer Request Items:
- First year students who are graduates of the K to 12 program
- 50 students for the preschool
- Promotion activities of the College, funds, safety and protection, local churches inviting and those who are called to train at OBC for fulltime ministry
- Faculty to teach the Revised General Education courses
- Health of faculty and staff, funds for medication and doctors’ consultation
- Preparation for the next Director of the College
- Interns who will go out on Internship
- Graduates in their new assignments of ministry
- 2 Generators for brownouts
- CCTV Cameras and a computer (City Ordinance)
- Additional new computers for the laboratory
- Approval of CHED for the new curriculum
- Two new floor mounted aircon units for the chapel.
Dr. Nely A. Gamayon, Ph.D
[…] 2018 to 2019. The report is too long to show in full here, but a copy can be seen on our website: Oro Bible College Report 2018-2019, but with thanksgiving to God we can report that a further eleven well-trained students graduated […]