Pastor Joseph, the leader of The Word Mission and one of the leaders of the Advent Christian Conference of Myanmar, accompanied by five other members of his organisation, left Yangon on 5 April to take the Gospel to unreached areas of the Shan State. They returned on 25 April, and Pastor Joseph has sent the following report.
“We started out trip to Shan State on 7 April 2017 and it ended on 26 April 2017. I am excited to report you about how the Lord of God moving on unreached peoples groups of Shan, Akham, Lahu and Inh. The trip was blessed by God with fruit.
We went to Shan State by air and car. And after we go by motorcycle and then walk where motorcycle cannot go. We cross mountains, hills and jungle then we reached where unreached people live.
We did outreach from village to village and preached the Word of God afterwards house to house and then person to person. By God’s power we reached Shan, Inh, lahu and Akham people for the Lord. We were very blessed with the hunger and thirst of these people for the Word of God.
Praise the Lord with us
- We preached the gospel in Inh , Lahu and Akahm village.
- We preached the gospel to 110 Akham people and 40 people have confessed Jesus as their Savior.
- We preached the gospel to 135 Lahu people and 115 people have confessed Jesus as their Savior.
- We preached the gospel to 95 Inh people and 95 people have confessed Jesus as their Savior.
- We preached the gospel to 4 Shan people and 4 people have confessed Jesus as their Savior.
- We have baptized 8 people.
- Some people get healing by the power of the Holy Ghost.
- We had reached 3 village of Lahu and 2 village of Akham and 3 village of Inh.
- We have given 5000 gospel tracts to the people of Lahu, Akahm, Shan, and Inh.
Hindrance for the gospel.
Some religious leaders did not allow us to preach the gospel where is so need for gospel. They look down and want us to stop doing outreach to unreached people. They stop us, they slander us, they insult us, they divide us and they laugh at us. How blessed we are!
Tonight thousands of unreached people in Myanmar will go to bed hungry for food as well as redemption of God, salvation of God, love of God and life of life that we have only in Jesus Christ. Your gift today to support The Word Mission will allow us to provide the gospel and meals to so many hungry survivors people of unreached and continue our work to bless the people of unreached people.
There is a great opportunity for us to show God’s love and His redemption to His people if we act right now. It is more important than ever that we do everything possible to bless, encourage, and help the unreached people. Together, we can help change that. Your prayer, your gift today will help us increase our efforts to feed hungry people during great time of need.
There are so many of these precious people who do not have enough food to eat spiritually from day to day and the pain of hunger is worse than even before. I am asking you to be part of this great miracle of love today. Hunger, poverty, thirsty for the Love of God and Redemption among the unreached people is big problem, and it is getting worse. Today there are many unreached people cannot afford enough food to eat. I want to preach the salvation of Jesus as many people as possible, but we cannot do that without you.
Your support today for The Word Mission is a vital witness of Christian love to the entire nation of Myanmar. Your support of The Word Mission today allows us to continue our work on Myanmar, to stand up and speak out for unreached people and to meet urgent humanitarian needs among the poor unreached people living in Myanmar. We ask that you make a decision today to stand 2017 with us.
May I challenge you today to take part be this opportunity to rise up and share God’s love and God’s redemption with those who are so desperately hurting.
Many people are addicted to alcohol. We need to help free them from their addiction of alcohol. Together, we can change that pain into joy. The work that we are doing to bless the survivors in Myanmar is a testimony to the entire nation and Word is spreading. With your help, we will be able to do even more to meet these urgent needs and bless unreached people.
Thank for your support.
Brother Joseph also commented separately…
“About my trip to Shan people
We have boarding school in Shan state. The last year we have 8 Shan children. Our church planter tell about Jesus, and 4 Shan children come to believe Jesus as their Savior. But 4 Shan children were took by their parents because our church planter tell them about Jesus.
And this time we visited to the 4 children’s home. I was preaching about the salvation to 4 children. Their Aunt came and said to me, “Get out of this place, you are not allowed to preach about Jesus. We are Buddhist. We are suffering about our body, our business, because of your Bible, your Bible makes suffering
to us. So we do not want to see your Bible, do not tell us about Jesus, we do not need Jesus.” She said like this to me. But I did not stop to preach the gospel to them.
Then she went out and she asks to some monks to stone us. They stone us, but they cannot touch our body. Amen. God is with us.
These 4 Shan Children will go to high school this year. They still keep their Bible in their bag. One of girl said, “I always read Bible before I sleep. I will never stop believing in Jesus.”
Prayer requests for Shan People
- Pray for Shan people. They are still need to help in many ways for their family, their spiritual life as well as their physical wellbeing. Pray that they will open their hearts to the Lord.
- Pray for social life, and their children of future education.
- Pray for the children of Shan. We are caring for 4 Shan children.
- Pray for us for reaching the Shan people. Pray that the Lord will open the way for us and bring many Shan souls to God.
- Pray for 1,000,000 people of Shan for their salvation to eternal life. Much evangelistic and literary work is yet to be done.
- Many of Shan people need to hear the gospel till today. Monks have control all about towns, villages. Pray for Monks.
- Many of Shan people strong in materialism. They fear to be poor but they never fear to be in hell. They are rich in materialism, but poor in spiritually.
- It is so difficult to reach Shan people for the Lord. But by God’s grace and help, we can reach somehow.
- Urgent need prayer for our church planters. We have 2 church planters among Shan people. We cannot send monthly support for them. Pray that God will meet their needs and their supporters.
Brother Joseph and his co-workers also visited Akham, Lahu and Inh tribal groups who live within the Shan State. There are 5 Akham children, 12 Lahu children and 3 Inh children, as well as the 4 Shan children he mentioned, among the 79 children they care for at their Yangon base.
There are approximately 150,000 Akham people; 250,000 Lahu people and 100,000 Inh people in their country, most of them in hilly, tribal areas and unreached with the Gospel. The Word Mission has 2 church planters among the Akham people and 4 among the Lahu people as well as the 2 working among the Shan people.
Brother Joseph asks us to pray for all these groups as follows:
- “Pray for the Akham , Lahu and Inh people. They still need help in many ways for their family, their spiritual life as well as their physical well-being. Pray that they will open their heart to the Lord.
- Pray for their social life, and their children’s future education.
- Pray for the children from these groups that we are caring for.
- Pray for us for reaching these peoples. Pray that the Lord will open the way for us and bring many souls to God. They like too much for opium, beer and smoking.
- Pray for their salvation to eternal life. Much evangelistic and literary work is yet to be done. There are still many groups in Golden triangle to be reached more effectively by the power of the Gospel. To make the motto “Golden Triangle for The Word (Christ)” a reality, full consecration will be required.
- Some of these people still believing in demon as their gods.
- Inh people never go to School. Their forefather said that Inh people should not get any education
- They are so poor in physically as well as spiritual and mentality. They really need our help, our love and our care.
- Village leaders have control all about village. Pray for village leaders.
- Urgent need prayer for our church planters who live and work people. We cannot send monthly support. Pray that God will send supporters for them.”