THE WORD MISSION’s outreach to unreached areas – Le Tu people.
In recent months Pastor J, leader of The Word Mission and President of the Advent Christian Conference of Myanmar, has led teams of students from their college to areas of their country unreached with the Gospel.
Following are his report and comments about one of those trips – to the Le Tu people – together with some of the many pictures which accompanied his report:
“We started our trip to Rakhine State on 11 March 2015 and it ended on 29 March 2015. I am excited to report to you about how the Lord God is moving on the unreached people groups of LeTu. The trip was blessed and fruitful by God. My trip to Rakhine State was great and an amazing journey with the Lord. I went to Maygone Division by bus in one day and one night. After that we went to Rakhine State by small jeep car in a whole day, until night. And then we goy to Le Tu land by boat in one day, as cars cannot go there. And then we walked by foot for 3 days until we reached Le Tu villages.
We cross rivers, stream, brook, hills, mountain range, mountain pass, valleys etc, and preached the redemption of Jesus to village people whether we have time or not. No transportation, no road, no school, no churches, no clinic. Sometimes we walked through the stream to reach another village. It is hard to go there. Nothing but for sake [of] the truth. The people in the village were very grateful for our visit, but some of them were not happy with us and ready to stop us preaching the Word of God. They fear our gospel and our messages. We do outreach from village to village and preach the Word of God house to house and after that, from person to person. We even tell about the salvation of Jesus to village people along the way and at the fields where they are working. And we had Bible studies at night.
During the mission trip of March 2015, we have distributed over 10,000 gospel tracts, doing seminars at two places, and reached 7 Le Tu villages. By God’s power we reached 150 people for the Lord. We were very blessed with the hunger and thirst of these Le Tu people for the Word of God. What a joy it was to teach on the repentance and remission of sins, and see them very eagerly receiving it. I will never forget the one old man that been believing in demonism for 60 years and has never heard anything like this before. He has salvation today.
Praise the Lord with us…
- We did two days seminar at Le Tu village.
- There are 53 Le Tu people who have accepted Jesus Christ as their savior and most people converted at the seminar we did.
- 8 people were baptized by me.
- 5 people got healing by the power of the Holy Ghost.
- We had reached 7 villages of Le Tu.
- We have given 10,000 gospel tracts to the people of Rakhine, Burma, Muslim people and Le Tu people.
There are many, many Le Tu people to harvest, but there are no workers to help harvest them. Your prayer support have bear many fruit, reached 150 people, and 53 people have confessed Jesus as their Saviour with their mouth, and 8 people have [been] baptised. Many of them want to accept Jesus but they fear their leaders and so on.
Prayer requests and projects for Le Tu People:
- Please pray for our students that they will go to plant churches among Le Tu people where there are no churches at all.
- Pray that more Le Tu people will open their heart for Jesus.
- Pray that The Word Mission will reach more unreached people of Le Tu in Le Tu villages.
- Pray for new believers to grow and delight in the Lord Jesus.
- Pray for Le Tu people, so that they may have the knowledge of the salvation in Jesus Christ.
- Pray for the Le Tu children in the Rakhine State region. There are many children who become hopeless in life.
- Pray for The Word Mission, that they will reach more unreached people groups in Myanmar. Le Tu people really need Jesus.
- Pray for their lives protection, security and that their faith becomes stronger in the Lord.
- Pray that the children of Le Tu may come to see the light of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that God will send more funds for gospel tracts – we need 300,000 gospel tracts.
- Pray that God will send many labourers to Le Tu people. We depend on the generous support and prayer of people like you.
We are so grateful for the many ways you have supported us in this growth. But there’s still much to do. Your prayer support will help us reach even more people for His glory. We are growing and our needs are growing. Thank you.
That the people of Le Tu shall be saved, is our prayer and our vision. Let us join our hands and hearts together and reach the unreached Le Tu people of Myanmar. As the Holy Spirit leads: every people, everywhere, every situation, we give Gospel tracts as much as we can. In March, God blessed The Word Mission with remarkable growth as we expanded to reach over 150 people.”
Pastor J would like to send four teachers to the Le Tu people. He said…
”There are many children are not in school because there is no government school at all. There are 4 teachers who will teach the children of Le Tu in the Le Tu villages. By giving education we can win their parents, family and relatives… and change the lives of Le Tu people forever for the Lord. We need your prayer support right now.”
Please pray that the Lord will provide support for these teachers. The Word Mission has sent 2 church planters to the Le Tu area. They have gone out in faith trusting that the Lord will provide for their needs. Please pray that God will meet their support needs.