One of the conditions in the YJM Partnership Agreement is the requirement to provide regular reports to the Mission office at Guindy, giving us an indication of the activities of the partners and seeking their prayer requests and matters for praise. Below are some recent examples of these reports – we invite you to pray and praise with us for these matters also:
ADDRES CENTRE/ STEPPING STONE INNOVATION
A rehabilitation center for adults affected by HIV/AIDS and/or alcohol and drug dependency. Also provide job skill training and placements for young people in the radio and television industries. Led by Pastor Paul Nilivan.
1. Please pray for our staff – Usha, Padmanaban, Pastor Paul Nilivan and their families.
2. Please pray for our HIV/AIDS individual and their families.
3. We conducted a session on content development with Yercaud FM radio – 10 radio workers participated.
4 Two alcoholics admitted in de-addiction centre (for 3 months) at Mahabalipuram.
5 Received small amount from “House of Rock” church – Melbourne for communication training program.
6 We provide nutritional support like rice, dhal, oil, nutrition powder etc. for HIV/AIDS individuals and their families.
7. We are sending Nandhini for News Presenter training program at Sathyam TV.
CHRIST SPECIAL HIGH SCHOOL
A residential High School for the physically and intellectually challenged at Sangkarapuram, Tamil Nadu. Approximately 100 physically/intellectually challenged children. Led by Pastor Paul Nilivan.
1. Please pray for our staff, teachers, Correspondent, Headmaster, Managing Trustee, Financial Trustee and their families.
2. Please pray for our students’ health and their families.
3. 7 students from 10th standard wrote exams, 6 persons passed. Our school first mark is 442 others got above 300. The failed one is going to write special exam by the end of the month of June.
4. We received money from “House of Rock” church for school needs.
5. We provide children’s needs like soap, oil, toothpaste, powder etc. for all students.
6. New disabled students are going to join in our school.
7. We are planning for a Deaf and Dumb School in our premises.
Because of a recent donation from New Zealand the school has been able to replace a number of very old, worn out classroom tables and benches –the new ones are pictured. Pastor Paul and his team expressed their appreciation for this gift and for the items they were able to purchase with it.
GOOD SAMARITAN TRUST
Ministers to children from several very poor fishing villages – daily homework center, Sunday School, medical assistance. Led by Pastor John Matthew.
1. Please pray for our children’s’ school opening & 10th and 12th standard children’s admission.
2. Our 30th Medical Camp went on well.
3. All our 10th and 12th Board exam children got through with good marks. The parents appreciated and praised God.
4. Many new children came for the first time to VBS & it was great blessing.
5. Partnership money was spent for our VBS programme.
6. Please pray for our 20th June medical camp at Kundrathur, Chennai 61.
7. Please pray for the follow-up work for new VBS children.