Warning: getimagesize(): Filename cannot be empty in /home/customer/www/acmissionz.org.nz/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tiled-gallery-carousel-without-jetpack/tiled-gallery.php on line 214
God does work in strange and wonderful ways, doesn’t he?
Ploy has been witnessing to a friend at school named Fai. Her mother is in Bangkok being treated for a brain tumor; her father is there too, driving a taxi trying to have enough money each month to pay for a caretaker for his wife and send money up here for his little son and daughter. They live with their grandmother. Thank God through TLCB we have been able to provide here with tuition assistance. She has now said she wants to come on Saturday and Sunday and help teaching English.
Ploy has been competing in a language program at school. She thought she didn’t have a chance; we have been praying for her and she won and will represent this area in Korat this Thursday. The language? Japanese.
Praise God Boonta is able to bring most of his family to church every Sunday. He says Bo pesters him until he loads her in the truck to come. Bow is one of my strongest prayer warriors. Her mother tells me that she is praying many times during the day for me. Thank God.
Wednesday I received word that I need to go to Khon Kaen for follow-up medical tests for some unknown shadows on my right lung and a bone crack in my right shoulder blade. Our local hospital has been saying “muscle inflammation” for the last two months and giving me pain meds and physical therapy.
Thursday we got word that half of our team for Saturday would not be here and thought that would be okay because with the bad weather we did not expect many kids. Wrong — We had a full group with a couple of new ones. God at work stretching us and teaching us to be creative.
Sunday we expected our usual 25-30 folks for church. When the dust settled we had a total of 59. Needless to say, the kitchen was scrambling to prepare lunch. We had 10 people from Laobada included in that total and 10 new children.
Thank God for your help in providing the food packets for our senior citizens. Two were presented in church Sunday and the third will be delivered to the home on Monday. The woman just lost her husband a few weeks ago. Pictures of her in the next news.
Thank you Sherry, for providing us with the Treasurers. They have made a great hit and we presented the last two this Sunday. Pray that God will find the means to provide more. We could use at least two in the Lao language, and whatever God wishes to provide in Thai. Everyone who has received one says it makes understanding the Bible much easier – many of our people do not read very well. They also tell us it makes witnessing much, much easier.
Praise and thank God for Boonta and Dtee. They are now visiting in a local village every Saturday morning. We had a parent meeting on Saturday. With no formal notification, 10-12 parents showed up and were happy with what is going on.
- Fai and her learning about Christ; and for her mother and father.
- Ploy in her competition on Thursday. She is very vocal about letting folks know the praise belongs to God, not her.
- Pray for our leadership team as they continue to carry very full loads
- Pray for the Bible study by correspondence. They meet once a week now with Maeo serving as leader. The groups has 7 people still in it.
- Pray for Dtee as he grows in his knowledge of Christ.
- Pray for Boonta and his family. Phon is much better, but still cannot be around loud noise. She sits in the sala outside the church during the worship and comes back into the church for the sermon.
- Pray for Lita’s mother – that her paperwork for Thai citizenship will be completed. Right now, Lita has no citizenship and could be sent back to Laos, but she has no citizenship there either.
- Pray for John and Maeo as they travel to Khon Kaen for medical tests; pray that healing power is already in action; everything is in his hands. Give John and Maeo the strength, wisdom and peace they need to deal with this.
- Thank and praise God as he continues to bless us here and work his plan and help us deal with Satan, spirit worship, and all the other things going on around us.
Thanks and God Bless, Maeo, Dtee, Bee, Ploy, Parn, Lita and John