Greetings from Thailand and praise God for a blessed Sunday. Over 50 people in attendance, Maeo and a full Bible Study Class today and students are doing their homework – praise God.
Ed Miller and his wife Pat are back again. They live a few kilometers from us and usually spend a few months here each year.
My prayer is he will be helping to put together the power points and videos for the church and TLCB while he is here this time. Ploy went to Korat – about 8 hours away – for competition and picked up a bug there, so she has been home sick since returning Saturday. We are praying she will be well for school tomorrow.
Most of you already have gotten the news for this week. Trip to Khon Kaen disclosed the possibility of lung cancer for me – we are waiting for the biopsy to see what it says. We are praying that God has already taken care of it but if not, strength and wisdom to be a witness for Christ through the whole thing.
As you see, I did preach today but I am sitting down. The heat and humidity are way out of whack this year, so it is challenging. Subject was responsibility, accountability and the price we pay for decisions that we make. Some 50-60 years ago, my father quit smoking, told me how easy it was with God, and I should do it too. I wasn’t very smart back then and didn’t listen. Thirteen years ago, I remember what my dad had said and believed it was God telling me it was time to quit too.
My father was right. The first two things were done and I was forgiven. We forget the price part, though. I am learning that you can’t forget that part. We now pray for God’s mercy to have the price I have to pay as minimal as possible and I can be a witness for others. I ask for your prayers too.
- Pray for Jane, she is moving back home to continue school from there. We don’t know yet how that is going to affect her attending church and helping with English.
- Pray for Fanta. We have given her an option of paying full rent for the house they have been living in or move into our dormitory and live here free. We are praying she will accept that option. Neither of these girls has accepted Christ. Jane has stopped the Bible course and Fanta is continuing.
- Pray for Bee, Ploy, Parn and Lita. They continue to carry a heavy load. Satan continues to work. We will not be able to conduct Bible Camp this October because the schools are not all out for break at the same time. There is also a week long holiday during the first part of the month.
- Pray as we develop plans to celebrate Father’s Day here this year. The King’s birthday is December 5 and since he is the father of Thailand that is Father’s Day also. We have never celebrated it in the 12 or so years we have been in operation so we want to do it once and see what happens.
- Pray also as we begin working on Christmas and decide whether it will be a church family thing or wide open.
- Thailand celebrates Christmas more than we do in the US, but it is not Bible related, so we need to be careful.
Thank you, praise God and please continue to pray for John with the medical problems, but pray for Maeo too.
In some ways I think the stress is harder on her than it is on me.
I have been truly blessed with her for the last 15 years.
We are praying that God will give us at least another 15 years to work for him. Thank you and praise God for your being there, and thank God and praise him because we known he will be there through the whole thing.
Lots of love and God Bless, Maep, Dtee, Bee, Ploy, Parn, Lita and John.