August 3 was a normal Sunday with communion and not much extra. Mother’s Day in Thailand is August 12, the queen’s birthday. Christian Mission celebrated the day on August 10. There were about 50 mothers and grandmothers that came to celebrate with us, and then about 100 children and others. So we thank God for such a great turnout. We ask for your prayers that at least some of the folks will come back.
We thank Cheng Yuen High School for the band and dancers. We have been working with this high school for quite a while now and are happy to have them join us. We also had 5 people from Laos for our service today. Treasurers were given to 2 of them. We thank and praise God for those who provided them.
We thank and praise God for our leadership team – Bee, Parn, Ploy, and Lita. We ask for you to continue to pray for them. Bee is about half way through her student teaching. She is seeing the real world. Student teachers here subject to much more work than our student teachers in the US and much of the additional work is NOT related to teaching.
- Continue to pray for Boonta, Phon and Bow. Phon is better but it is a long slow process and they still have to go to Khon Kaen for a check every month or so.
- Pray for our leadership team – that God will continue to give them strength and wisdom to be successful in their schoolwork as well as in their work here at the mission.
- Pray for health, wisdom and strength for John Maeo and Dtee as they continue to supervise the work being done.
- Pray for Boonta and Dtee as they begin visiting folks. Pray that God will defeat Satan and open the eyes and ears so the folks can see and hear the word of God.
- Pray for Thailand. It is still under military control. Pray that there will be an election soon and the people’s will be made known. That things will settle down and that many come to know Christ.
Thank you and God Bless all of those who continue to support us. John, Maeo, and the team.