Greetings as another month ends and we wonder where it went. It seems as though the last school year just ended and here we are getting ready to start a new one in a couple of weeks. Thank God, the Thai Lao Cambodia Brotherhood and the Christian Mission we will be providing student assistance for about 35-40 students this school year. Got has truly blessed us.
Our English Classes continues for about 10 children. The majority is interested in learning and spends some time studying outside of class. There are still ones who think I can just pour it in and they don’t need to do anything.
Our first Saturday with the new program was a bit of a disappointment. Many students that said they would be coming failed to show up. Bee and Dtaa have been visiting during the week and we will see what happens tomorrow. Sunday was also a bit slow. It seems that there are many more attractions this summer and this year so far than there has ever been in the past. One of the villages has another festival this weekend. If the villagers do not participate, they have problems when they want help in the village, so it is more or less mandatory and forced.
Our Bible Study group continues into their third lesson. Only 2 people have dropped so far. One was not a Christian and the other, seems to be a mouth Christian.
As of now, it looks as though our English Camp next week will be cancelled because of lack of participation. So far we only have 10 people signed up for it and most of them live at the Christian Mission and they already have their English Classes.
- Pray for our leadership team. Bee, Jane and Fanta have notified us that they will be moving into the city for their student teacher training. For 3 years they have lived near here and gone and done whatever they needed to do. Their reason now for moving is they are afraid they are going to get wet going to and from school. : They have indicated they will come out to the Mission on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Pray for the rest of the worship team – Parn, Ploy and Lita. Pray also for Maeo, Dtee and me as we will have to take over some of the weekend work.
- Pray for the Christ for all People Association – there has been only one meeting so far this year and none of the activities in the plan have been accomplished as of yet.
- Pray for strength and health for John and Maeo for the work that needs to be done.
- Pray for Dtaa as she works with us until the end of May. She then goes back to school for another year. She will do one year of field work in 2015. As of right now, she does not know where she will go for her work. Then she is back to school in 2016 for her final year.
Thank you all for your prayers and support. It is what keeps us going from day to day. Lots of love and God Bless. John, Maeo, Dtee, Bee, Dtaa, Parn, Ploy, Lita and the littler ones