Greetings from Thailand
Greetings and it is doing it to me again. Almost 3 weeks have disappeared. The last half of March was very busy, and I am trying to remember what happened, but not doing a very good job.
Our Saturday Children’s Program has fallen to the point that thee will be no activities until April 26. Our province has carnivals, festivals and celebrations from about March 25 to at least April 20. There are sound trucks running around advertising for parents to send their boys to the Buddhist Temple for the summer. We will have no special Palm Sunday or Easter celebration this year. It is in direct conflict with the Thai New Year. We will have regular services for whoever wants to come; the teens will sing, but our elementary students are not/will not come to practice. VBS is this week and so our teens are being stretched very thin. Please pray for them. I have not seen anything like this since the mission opened. We will be recruiting from our VBS (55 elementary students so far) and, God willing, will re-open Saturday Program on April 26.
Prayer group continues 7 days a week – Mon-Fri at 6 pm and Sat/Sun at 70 am. We have 6-9 people attending every day. Praise and thank God for that. It is what keeps us going here.
English classes here at the mission began for Lita March 17 – 9 am -4 pm Mon-Fri; Classes began for elementary (4-7 grade – 7 students) March 25 – Mon-Fri 9 am -4 pm. We rotate teaching and homework times.
Medical trip to Khon Kaen for John and Maeo 24-26 cancelled. Both were sick.
Prayer points: VBS April 2-4 – separate report later. We are expecting 40-60 children and as of today had 53. The complete program is handled by the mission leadership team – minus John. Many who have pre-registered have never been to the mission before and are from villages we have targeted to visit this year. My prayer is that these students will be the core for the new program starting April 26.
- Pray for the active leadership team – Bee, Parn Ploy, Lita
- Pray for part-timer – Beem 2
- Pray for Dtaa – Seminary student the Christian Mission supports. She will be here about 6 weeks.
- Pray for Jane and Fanta. They are non-believers and have been helping, but summer has taken over with them and they have missed a couple of critical support times.
- Pray for John and Maeo – Medical checks in Sakon Nakhon the week of Apr 7.
- Praise God, we may not have to go to Khon Kaen again. The specialties we need are now at our local hospital here. We will be investigating over the next week or so.
- Pray for Dave Currie’s family. For those of you who knew, he was one of our greatest supporters and prayer warriors here at the Christian Mission. I had never met him, but he has supported us for about 10 years; both financially and prayerfully. He will be missed, but I thank God I will have a chance to meet him when Christ returns.
For those of you who continue to support us, we thank you. We have a generous donor who has provided for Bibles for our children; another that has provided funds for our VBS, a couple of others who are supporting our Soup of Love and Senior program. We are now getting ready to screen students who will receive tuition assistance for the coming school year.
Our thanks to all of you who provide prayer support – most important; financial support – also important. Just sending an email once in a while for communication – also very important.
May God Bless and keep all of you. John, Maeo, Bee, Parn, Lita, Ploy and the rest.