Greetings from the Christian Mission. Maybe summer is here. The AC has been on for most of the day and night this weekend and today, so we are praying. It also means, normally, that from now until May or June it will be dry. Some places are already talking about draught conditions.
Our English Camp for last Saturday was postponed until March 8, 2014, so we will see what happens. God has blessed us also through the Thai Lao Cambodia Brotherhood to provide materials to construct a kindergarten classroom building at our English Camp School so we are celebrating that also.
Sunday was a great day. After a two hour drive – ½ hour back into the woods and mountains 🙂 we arrived at Ban Na Lao Church. Amazing – we came from the furthest away but were the first there and I had thought we might be last because we got a late start. Church started about 20 minutes late – according to Thai custom and was a very good service. There were between 75-100 people there and many of them were children. Pastor Jarat talked about love and the love we are to show other people and the adults were attentive. After the service we had dinner together – 5-6 different kinds of fish, sticky rice and a Thai soup. All was good. March is already off to a good start and we thank and praise God for it.
- Youth Seminar March 24-27 – Pray our youth can arrange with schools to go. Some of them are still in school
- April ???? Vacation Bible School. Bee, Lita, Parn and Ploy are working on the plans. We hope to have children who have not been here before or may have been here a long time ago and disappeared. Our youth are starting to think of this place is “theirs” and not invite others to come. Pray we can get that thinking turned around.
- Plans are in process for three intensive English Programs to run the whole summer break – except for hai New Year’s Week. One class will be 6th graders going into 7th, another group of high school students – 8th and 9th, and a university group. The idea will be to either have them listening to lecture, video or homework at least 8 hours a day. Pray for strength and wisdom for John to conduct this thing.
- Pray for our worship team. Bee, Lita, Parn and Ploy, as they lead the elementary kids and conduct the singing, Bible study and English classes for this group. They are also now taking care of the Christian Mission Face book and website material, and act as janitors and cooks when necessary. I am not sure where we would be without them.
- Pray for Jane, Fanta, Ning, Tat in particular and others that have heard the word of God but will not accept or believe. Satan has a stronghold that is almost unbelievable around here.
Those of you who are praying, we thank and praise God for you because without you we would not be here. Those of you who provide financial support, the same thing applies. We are totally a faith mission and without those of you who support us we would not be here.
God Bless, and Keep with lots of love, John, Maeo, Dtee, Bee, Lita, Parn and Ploy.