Greetings from the Christian Mission again. Students are starting to complete final exams. Some have already closed, some will close this week, some do finals next week, but the good news is all should be closed by about March 28. Then we start all over again the middle of April until the middle of May, however most of the Universities around here will not be starting until the middle of August? Confusing? No, not really, just Thai.
English Camps at the schools are not doing well so far this year. So far we had one the beginning of February with 28 students and another one at the same school the second Saturday in March with 8 students. Schools have been doing so much extra-curricular stuff that they have not had enough time to complete their educational activities and when there is a cut, English is the first thing cut. Thai students have 15 or more subjects every term and it includes such things as Religion (Buddhist), Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Girl Guides, arts and crafts etc. Sometimes they go to school on Saturday and/or Sunday to make up classes that teachers should have taught but didn’t. So, it gets a bit confusing.
Sunday was a good day, and now we are preparing for our VBS which will be April 2-4. We also have two new girls moving in March 17th for the summer to start. One girls is going into 89h grade Her father died a while ago and her mother died a couple of weeks ago. The other girl – both from the same family – her father has died and she lives with her mother. I am still trying to figure out how many lie in the house there, but I got to 8 and stopped counting. Lord willing, they may stay longer.
March 23-25 is Khon Kaen time and medical checks. When we get beck we have 4 more girls moving in with us for the rest of the summer. They are 5-7 graders who have been attending CMN for quite a while now but have still not accepted Christ. There is a possibility that 3 boys will join this group, but they will arrive in the morning and go home in the evening. We have no facilities for boys to live it.
Our girls will not get away to a seminar this summer. It is scheduled during the period they are in school; however, they are all enrolled in a correspondence Bible Study course that Maeo and Dtee are supervising. The believers are also attending discipleship classes once a week.
- Our team as they set up VBS and prepare for Easter.
- Strength and health and wisdom for John, Maeo and Dtee as we deal with all the children.
- Thanks and praise God for the donor who provided funds for Bibles for our children and youth.
- Thanks and praise God for his financial support for all of our programs here. Soup of Love will be starting twice a month soon and our Senior food program is up to three and we are praying we can serve four people every month in the future.
- Praise and thank God for the support for our students receiving assistance. Between the Christian Mission and the Thai Lao Cambodia Brotherhood, our plan calls for providing support to over 40 students in high school and the University.
Thanks and God Bless to all of you who support us here. Maeo, Dtee, Bee, Parn, Ploy, Lita, John