Greetings from chilly Thailand. Winter is still with us but it is warming up a bit. I apologize that I didn’t get the news out last week but I have been having physical therapy 3 times a week and getting there, waiting, the treatment , and getting back home takes almost half a day.
Christmas Child finally came to Nakhon Phanom on February 16. We combined everything all in one package – Christmas Child, Soup of Love and Senior food packets. All together we had very close to 200 people here for the morning. Things went well and the girls and children did a very good job in their presentations. I thank God for each one of them and all the work they do.
Mr Boonta has decided to preach once a month, do visiting in our villages around here and teach a 9 am adult Bible Class. The Bible class will be a first because we have never had adults before, but he will teach the adults from Laobada and Dtee from our group. His visiting will greatly help me and I am praying it will get us back in touch with the villages again. He will also visit Laobada village as he has time.
We have begun planning for our VBS, to be during the month of April, as well as Easter. Pray that we can pull it all together.
- Continue prayer for our girls and their Bible Study group.
- Pray for our believer girls – we have started a discipleship class – First results are back. Two girls, missed part of one question. Everyone else got 100%. This is something I have been remiss in doing. So far they seem interested and are asking questions.
- Pray for our non-believers – those who have come and left, those that have had contact with the mission and disappeared, those who attend but have not accepted Christ.
- Pray for Kim and Fah. They are coming every Sunday; Kim is working on the Correspondence Bible Study, but does not come to the meetings. Kim studies and reads the Bible and Fah listens. Pray we can get a way so she can listen to the Bible herself and a way that we can either teach her English or Thai.
- Pray for the English program here at the mission. With school getting ready to close for a month or two I would like to get some accelerated classes going to help prepare the kids for their next grade.
- Continue to pray for John and Maeo and their health and strength. It is not yet a problem, but is an irritation and I don’t accept it very well.
- Pray that God will continue to work here and that we will become better listeners and followers of him.
Thank you all and God Bless.
Thank God that he has provided funding for some Bibles for the elementary and high school kids; provided additional funding for Soup of Love and Senior Food program.
Thank you and God Bless. John, Maeo, Dtee and the rest of the group.<