As I write this we are getting to close the door on January already, and I have no clue where the time has gone this month. Maeo and I will be involved for the next three days with medical checks and prescription refills. We have two days in Sakon Nakhon and another day at the hospital in Nakhon Phanom. God continues to bless us mightily and we continue to have the strength and wisdom to do his work here.
The photos enclosed are from Sunday January 19, Soup of Love Jan 25 and church January 26.
January 19 was a regular Sunday with nothing special and we continue to teach and praise God.
January 25 There were 85 Soup of Love families receive a hot meal for Saturday evening. It comes out to a little more than 200 people.
January 26 was out combined worship service with 5 of our 6 churches participating. About 100 joined in the service and participated in a fellowship meal after church. It was good to see everyone together again.
Our English camps have been reduced greatly due to extra curricular activities going on at many of the schools. Ask for your prayers that people will start thinking about learning being more important than fun and games.
You will see OhAh in one of the pictures. She left the Christian Mission about 3 years ago, moved in with her boyfriend and is trying to complete her education. Pray she will see the error of her ways.
Another picture has Bo Bae. She started with the Christian Mission in elementary school but when she hit 7th grade she left everything. Moved in with her boyfriend, had a child and has recently moved back home by herself. Pray that she will see that she is on the wrong path and come back to God.
- Pray for Bee, Parn, Ploy and Lita. They are the mainstay of the Christian Mission and the programs here. They will be starting a discipleship class next week and they have started a Bible Study Correspondence. Pray God will give them the strength and wisdom to carry the loads they have accepted.
- Pray for Fanta, Jane, Tat, Beem 2 and Beem 1 and Ning. Jane and Fanta are our mainstays in the English Camp program and teaching English here at the Christian Mission.
- Pray for Tat and Ning that they can get their acts together and make up their minds where they are going.
- Pray for Beem 2 that she will begin to learn and grow in her now faith.
- Pray for strength and wisdom for John and Maeo because it is only through Christ that they are able to continue. It is your prayers and support that keep us going and we thank you.
The budget and plan for 2014 is in place and it is very ambitious. We are not going to be able to do it ourselves. It will only be done through God’s support.
Thank you and God Bless, John, Maeo, Dtee and the girls.