January 11 was Children’s Day here in Thailand. It is a major holiday and began in many places with programs at the schools on Thursday – lots of show and junk food; then at the local sub-district on Friday – same as above, and then on Saturday at major government offices. The pictures here are from one of the provincial celebrations. The Christian Mission Elementary students decided they wanted to go on their own, so there was no program here at the Christian Mission. The university students had plans of their own, so we took the High School students and visited some of the activities in town. The pictures are from one of the activities.
Sunday was regular church service. We thank God for Laobada and their participation with us. They add to our service and are an encouragement for me too.
- Pray for Bee, Ploy, Pan, Lita and Beem 2. This is the leadership team for the mission. Most of the work they do would be done by adults in other churches. God has blessed us with a dedicated team.
- Pray for Jane, Fanta, Ning, Tat. They provide support in the English program here at the mission and at our English Camps.
- Dtee as he continues in his correspondence Bible study program.
- Praise God we now have 11 people enrolled in Correspondence Bible Study. Dtee and Maeo will be supervising the program and both are enrolled.
- Praise God that Phon is slowly improving. Boonta told me yesterday that he will start preaching once a month in February and will develop and conduct a visitation program within our village.
- Continue to pray for Kim, her baby, and Fah. There has been no word from them since they left here.
- Pray for John and Maeo – health, strength and wisdom to provide guidance needed for the children at the mission.
- Praise God for the prayers and support from all those who help keep the mission in operation.
God Bless, John and Maeo and the girls.