ACGC has produced a set of four bulletin inserts for AC churches to use in the month that they run their PENNY CRUSADE which raises funds for World Outreach. Below is the insert featuring Pastor Paul Selvin in India.
Rev. Paul Selvin is the pastor of the Fellowship of Blessed Hope Churches’ (FBHC) Church at Nandanam, an older, residential suburb of Chennai City, India. He is the son of a pastor, Paul Isaac, who died when Paul Selvin was very young. Paul Isaac was pastor of the FBHC church at Vadapalani, another suburb of Chennai, where his wife, Grace, was a Bible Woman. When Paul Isaac died, his brother,
Benjamin Isaac, became pastor of the church, and Grace Isaac continued ministering there as a Bible Woman; therefore, he grew up in the Vadapalani church.
Paul Selvin studied at the FBHC’s College of Evangelism at Kodaikanal for four years, and when he completed his studies he was posted to the Nandanam
church, which was a daughter church plant from Vadapalani, in 2004 as pastor.
Types of ministry
- Pastors the Nandanam Church
- Youth ministry
- Visits the sick in the hospitals
- Prayer walk of five or six kilometers
- Tracts ministry
- Prayer cells
- Children’s ministry
- Ministry to widows
Paul’s vision for ministry is to prepare people for the coming of the Lord. John 8:32 says, “…the truth will set you free.” He wants to help set people free through the word of God, which is the truth.
Making a difference in others’ lives
- He has been God’s instrument in the healing of demon-possessed people
- Helping to rejoin families who were disjointed
- Helping sexually immoral people to make a “comeback”
- Encouraging youth to take up the Lord’s ministry – There are some who have become spiritually mature youth leaders, prayer cell leaders and Sunday school teachers.