Greetings and praise and thank God for another full weekend.
Saturday was spent in Ban Na Lao, about 75-80 miles from the Christian Mission. We left here with a full van at 7 am., met up with Pastor Jarat and his team in Kuseman and headed out. The village is located about 15 miles back in the mountains around Sakon Nakhon and the road was not always the best, but we got there about 9 am. We had time to look around and take pictures and talk with folks. Several months ago we donated all of our pigs to this new church. The two in the picture were babies when they left us and are now breeding and producing pigs for several villagers. Church members are given a pair and after breeding return one pig back, these then multiply with others and provide food for other villagers in turn.. They will be returning one pair to us and we will help with the process too.
In 10 months the church, through the blessings of God has gone from 2-3 people to about 65 believers from several villages and a church building – free from debt, that is getting close to complete. Electricity and lights were being installed when we visited Saturday. Tile is needed for the floor, a false ceiling and painting and it will be finished. We thank all of you for your prayers and support.
Regular church for us on Sunday with 42 people in attendance. We thank God that we have 8-10 people coming from Laobada, Pastor Boonta’s church to join us on Sundays and are praying that the children – there is no children’s program at Laobada but we have had 5 or 6 come here – will join our Saturday Children’s program and our Vacation Bible School Oct 22-24.
Monthly prayer group was on October 7, but the gremlins got into the camera and the pictures disappeared.
- Pray for Bee, Jane and Fanta as they do final exams this week. Praise God everyone else has finished.
- Pray for Beem 2. She has moved back home during the break to get her act together and I have asked mother to get some testing done. Pray she will return here when school starts.
- Pray for Bee, Pan, Lita, Dtaa and Jane as they attend a seminar on teaching younger children Oct 14-18 in Korat.
- Pray for our Vacation Bible School Oct 22-24. We are praying for 50-60 children, many of whom will be non-believers. Pray that the children in Laobada will want to come and remain overnight.
- Pray for Boonta, Porn and Bow as they remain in Khon Kaen.
Thank you and God Bless, John and Maeo and the girls – and Dtee.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.