Greetings from Nakhon Phanom and the Christian Mission.
This past 10 days or so has been a period of extreme highs and extreme lows and has been very difficult to cope with so prayers are appreciated even more.
The sickness of Porn, the wife of Pastor Boonta has been very frustrating to all and has created strain and confusion with a lot of people. First the why – and there is no answer; second what is wrong – the doctors have been unsure; what is the prognosis – the doctors have no answer. One day Porn was able to sit up and eat a bit and the next she was out of it. If you follow the prayer request you know that she is currently under oxygen, receiving medication through IV; not eating much of anything and has no energy. Boonta is also pretty well strung out. The good news is that he has some help from a son of Porn’s and an nephew of hers who are there to help. Please keep them in your prayers, as well as John and Maeo as we pray and try to figure out what we can do to help.
Pray for God’s provision to provide funds for the hospital stay.
Thank and praise God another successful English Camp on Saturday, September 21 at Kok Hai Elementary School. There were 80 students and 12-15 teachers participating and this was a new set of schools. There appears to be major interest on the part of some and we will be visiting schools this week and next week to see what they are doing to implement a variety of suggestions made to increase English proficiency.
Combined worship service on September 22 was another blessing of God. All 6 churches were represented and a total of about 150 people in attendance. Great time worshiping – John preached on the Early churches and what our association can do in our plans for next year to become like the early Christian Churches. As usual the meal afterwards was great.
Arrangements have been made to provide transportation for the church folks at Laobada to attend Christian Mission church every Sunday and to have transportation for other church group activities as long as Mr Boonta is unable to conduct services there. Pray that God will continue to provide for this transportation and that it may develop into a larger group who may wish to accept Christ. The church currently has three members left, but there were 6 that attended the combined worship and all said they will be at the Christian Mission on September 29, and that there may be others too. The vehicle can hold 20 – pray that it will become filled.
- Christian Mission as we provide assistance for those in need
- Boonta, Porn, Bow and the rest of that family
- Dtaa as she continues Bible College
- Bee, Pan, Lita, Beem 2, Jane, Fanta as they provide program leadership here
- Laobada as they begin to worship with us.
- Strength, wisdom and health for John, Maeo and Dtee as the only adults at CMN
- Teachers and workers willing to accept the call of God to come and serve
- Our students as they prepare for exams to end the semester during the next couple of weeks
- Bee, Pan, Boom, Dtaa as they go to Camp to learn about teaching younger children
- VBS at Christian Mission – goal is 75 students, god provide funding, wisdom and direction in preparation and conducting the camp October 22-24.
Thank you and may God Bless and keep all who read this. John, Maeo and the Christian Mission Team