Greetings from Thailand again.
This weekend was a very busy one again with lots of activities. Saturday was a major day with many firsts taking place. Pictures and most of the newsletter will be about the English Camp because I was not at church. Next Saturday I will be at church and try to do a newsletter on our programs at church.
Firsts for this Saturday:
- First time a High School has hosted an English Camp for Elementary Students.
- First time we have had to have five teams to teach.
- First time we have had almost 100 students.
- First time we have had seven schools represented in a camp. Maximum prior to today has been five. We had the largest team of volunteers – there were six from the Christian Mission and 10 from Srikhottraboon High School. This high school has been working with us for about six months now. The goal now is to work with the high schools to provide volunteers to go to their feeder elementary schools and assist in practicing English.
God has blessed us greatly in this program from the students activity and actions. Pray teachers and others will take an interest in teaching students and working for their welfare.
The Saturday program is off to a good start after Mothers’ Day. The Saturday program involves Bible Study, Singing, both special music and regular worship, Thai Classical Band, Thai Classical Dance and English. We had the most students in a long time sign up this past Saturday – a total of 37 – and will accept students for the Saturday program next week. After this we begin working on Christmas and the special programs for our mission.
- Pray for the continued work here at the Christian Mission. There is much to do and few people to do it.
- Pray for Bee, Pan, Lita and Beem 2 as they continue to assume adult roles in the workings of the Christian Mission, including teaching, cleaning, cooking and anything else you can think of.
- Pray for Jane and Fanta – two who have not accepted Christ but have stepped in and are assisting in many, many different ways in doing work not related to teaching the Bible.
- Pray for Ploy, Dao, Beem 1, Bpun, Tat, and others who have heard the truth of God but have decided to turn their backs on God and try to do things on their own.
- Pray God will continue to bless us in the work here and provided for the needs of all of us to accomplish the work God would have us do here.
God Bless John, Maeo and the team
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.