Greetings and I am getting caught up. We are getting more and more like ducks as the rain continues to come down. We are about half way through a 3-4 day monsoon storm, but thank God the land all around us continues to be lower than we are, so we get a little mushy, but when it stops, we are dry very quickly. So far for this rainy season my fish pond water level has risen almost 2 meters, and there is still a bit over a meter to go before it reaches the overflow level. However, this is only the first month of the rainy season – we still have July, August and part of September.
We thank God for the new children he has sent to us this Saturday and Sunday. Some are ones who were here before and decided to come back and some are brand new.
We thank God for our Saturday English Camp Program. We have three camps a month scheduled for the next three months. You saw some pictures of Dr. J in the last camp. He and a team of students from his school will be joining us in August so it will help to give our kids a bit of a break because we will be using fewer of them, but it doesn’t reduce my load. :-). Also, keep Joe and Sandy Boys in your prayers. They worked with us for 6-8 months last year. They are working on a plan where they will be here six months (October-March) and back in the states six months (April-September on a rotating basis. That will be a tremendous help for me.
- Health, strength and wisdom for Maeo and me.
- Surachai and Pon and their visitation program.
- Bee, Lita, Pan and Beem 2 as they continue to be the main youth leaders here at the mission. Strength and wisdom for these kids as they witness in a very unfriendly world.
- Elementary Bible study classes Saturday and Sunday.
- Youth and teen Bible Classes on Saturday and Sunday.
- Preparation for Mothers’ Day on August 12 – the Queen’s birthday.
- Combined youth program on August 6 – we host.
- The teens that have departed and are now wandering around in darkness.
Thank and praise God again and again that the worship center was enclosed before all of this rain got started.
God Bless and lots of love – John, Maeo and the Christian Mission.