Another weekend has passed. Thanks and praise God for Saturday and Sunday. The youth meeting was smaller than usual – Three of the churches had no one come because everyone was out in the rice fields planting rice, however, God blessed us with a very large group of our own children and we had 4 people from Laos. Altogether we had over 55 people.
Sunday was another very good day. There were 46 people in church. We thank and praise God for that. Currently things are in preparation stages for the celebration of Mothers’ Day on August 11th. This is probably one of the most important days in Thailand because it is also the Queen’s birthday.
Beginning July 13 and for the next three Saturdays we have English Camps and are starting to work with high schools to see if they will take the “older teaching younger” philosophy of our group and pass it on down the line. We are going to be working with grades 12 and grade 9. They, in turn will, hopefully work with the younger grades in their school and then grades 7 and 8 will work with elementary schools that feed into them..
- Pray for John and Maeo as they travel to Bangkok Tuesday night and return Wednesday night.
- Pray for Bee, Lita, Beem 2 and Pan as they provide leadership for our teen and children’s programs and continue in their school work. Much of what they do around here should be adults doing it, but there are no adults to do it.
- Pray for our villagers. There has been an unusual number of deaths lately, so in order to ward off/appease the spirits several kilometers of string have been strung throughout the village. At one entrance to the village there is a big sand pile and all the strings lead to that point. The villagers then take joss sticks with colored paper attached to it and stick them in the sand. Then each family is supposed to donate 100 baht to the temple. This is supposed to solve the problem.
- Pray for our kids. As more kids come for Saturday and Sunday, there will be resistance in the long run in the village. Pray that the Holy Spirit will work and open the hearts of these parents and grandparents and see the love of God and encourage their children and grandchildren to learn about God and support them.
- Pray for Surachai and Nipon as they visit in the village; that their message is the truth from God.
- Pray that God will continue to bless us with funds to conduct the programs of the mission and provide assistance to children who need it. This is a continuing program.
For those of you who provide continued prayer support and financial support, we thank you and ask that God may bless you as you continue to help. If there are those of you reading who are not praying, we ask you to join us and become part of the blessing God is sending into this part of Thailand. Satan has a stronghold here and he will not give up easily. We have seen that over the past several hundred years.
We thank and praise God for those who do support us, especially through prayers. This is where the power of God really is. Thanks and God Bless, John Maeo and the team.