Prayer Items from Thailand July 2013
- Unfortunately Pastor Surachai and his wife Nipon, who commenced working at CMN on 1 April, have terminated their employment from 31 July. Please pray for them as they seek other suitable employment in the Lord’s service
- Please pray for John Middlewood as he commences searching for another Thai assistant pastor or couple to assist with the ministries and relieve him of some of the responsibilities and pressures of the very busy program.
- In the short term John is going to seek part-time assistance from some members of the Christ for All People Churches Association. Please pray that this request will be successful. Please thank the Lord for Pastor Jarat, the President of CFAPCA, who has been very helpful to John in what has been a difficult employment situation.
- Pastor Boonta’s ( pastor of our Laobada Church) mother-in-law passed away at about 3 am, July 18, 2013. She has had a variety of illnesses and been bed-ridden for several years and has been extremely sick for the last few months. There are several children in the family, but Boonta and his wife have been the ones to take care of her as long as I have known them. Boonta and his wife also have a quadriplegic daughter who has other medical problems. Pray for strength and the strong Christian witness of this family; that it will continue and that God will bless them and give them peace.
- Bleum – Bleum is at home, restricted from having visitors and taking medicines. Jarat’s wife and Boonta’s wife are sisters so it is all in the family. Bluem’s mother was at the preparation for the funeral and will be there for most of the next three days. Her husband is at home taking care of Bluem. I am told he is the “doctor” for the baby. Pray that the doctors will have the wisdom to treat him correctly and that the medicine will correct his blood problem. Thank you and God Bless. John and Maeo
- Prayer request for Boom. Boom is a member of one of the Lao churches across the river from us. She is also a friend of the family of Boonta, whose mother-in-law just died. She came for the funeral today. She has also been to our church a couple of times to attend workshops and our latest combined youth meeting. She teaches younger children at her home church. She has asked us to pray for her specifically on July 27 and July 28. She has just completed high school and will be testing for university exams and entrance into a major in pharmacy. She has asked that we pray she may be blessed by God and pass the tests. The program will take her 8 years to complete.
- John is asking that we also pray that God will provide the finances for Boom. Those finances may come from family, government assistance, individual support or whatever; but I ask that it be placed in God’s hands to deal with.