Advent Christian Conference of Myanmar leader, Pastor J, took a small team to minister in unreached, tribal areas to the northwest from Yangon in June. His report and some of the pictures he sent, along with his comments on those pictures are as follows…
“Report for June’ 2013 outreached
We started our trip to Rakhine State on 29 May 2013 and it ended late in June 2013. I am excited to report you about how the Lord God is moving on unreached peoples groups of Matu and Mara. The trip was blessed and fruitful by God. My trip to Southern Chin State was great and an amazing journey with the Lord.
1. How to go there
I go to Maygone Division by bus in one day and one night. After then we went to Southern Chin State by small jeep car in a whole day till night. And then we go to Maraland and Matu land by motorcycle in one day where car cannot go there. And then we walk by foot for 4 days until we reach Mara village and Matu village. We cross rivers, stream, brook, hills, mountain rage, mountain pass, and valley so on and preached the redemption of Jesus to village people whether we have time or not.
2. How to do outreach
We do outreach from village to village and preach the Word of God .Even we tell about the salvation of Jesus to village people throughout the way and at the field where they are working. And we had Bibles studies at night.
3. How the Holy Ghost was moving
We do seminar at one place. By God’s power we reached 150 people for the Lord. We were very blessed with the hunger and thirsty of these Mara and Matu people for the Word of God. Old men and women of Mara people have been saved.
4. Prayer request and projects for Mara and Matu People
- Please pray for our student that they will go to plant church among Matu people where there were no churches at all.
- Pray that more Matu people will open their heart for Jesus.
- Pray that The Word Mission will reach more unreached people of Mara, Matu and Khami village.
- Pray for Christian leaders in Maraland and Matu land. These leader do not allow us to preach the gospel, they stop us and always make trouble to us. They are strong in liberal. Our people are died in spiritually. The Mara people and Matu people need pure gospel of salvation of Jesus.
Many unreached people’s group live here: the Mogh, Chakma, Tripura, Chin Pum, Khami, Dai, Rakhine(those are in the border of Bangladesh) Most of the Buddhist & animist peoples live in these areas. This group has in view most of the Myanmar’s areas of greatest physical and spiritual need & most of Myanmar’s least‐reached peoples. There are even more ethnic groups in Myanmar.
Prayer request for Dai, Mara, Matu, Dai Tu, Chin Pum,Khami.
- Pray for our student that they will go to plant church among these people where there were no churches at all.
- Pray that more these people will open their heart for Jesus.
- Pray for transportation in this land.
- Pray for their education. Most village children do not go to school. No school at all. Children from southern Chin State need your support for monthly. Many of children cannot go to school, because they have no resources for their education and cannot support them by their parents. Children from Southern Chin State are children of working in filed and children of not go school.
- Pray for healing. There is many sickness and disease.
- Pray for their leaders, because sometimes we cannot preach the salvation of Jesus. Most leaders do not like us to preach the gospel to them. They are not allowed us to go their village.
- Pray for church planter. They need your support for monthly. Pray that God will meet their need for ministries.
- Please pray for southern Chin People ( Dai, Matu, Mara, Dai Tu, Chin Pum, Khami). They have not sufficient rice to eat for this year 2014 year. Because for two years ago, the mouse has been eaten all rice at the harvest time in Chin Land and Rakhine State.
Thank you for your gifts for the Lord.
The Word Mission”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.