Greetings and praise God.
Today was one of the few Saturdays I get to spend at the Christian Mission. Maeo and I are usually out with our team or the University team conducting English Camps. This set of pictures will give you an idea on what goes on around here. The day for Maeo and I begins about 6 am when we get up and have breakfast. At 7:30 am we have our Morning Prayer group with 6-8 people attending; after that is over we get ready for kids. Our program officially does not start here until 9 am, but kids start arriving at or before 8 am, and almost all of them are here by 8:30. So, 8:30 – 9:00 am is a video warm up. At 9 am the kids break into two or three groups, depending on how many kids show up. The high school group starts with Bible Study and the elementary group starts with singing. We have two “choirs” here; one high school and one elementary and they alternate Sundays providing special music. At 10 am the groups exchange places – elementary go to Bible Study and high school practices their songs. At 11 am all are united and practice the worship songs for Sundays. At 12 noon everything stops for lunch. From 1 pm to 3pm the children are normally in English. There are two elementary classes – Bee and her team handle that, and one high school group and I teach that, however, English has come to a temporary halt to prepare for Mother’s Day August 12 or there about. At about 3 pm all the kids go home or are taken home.
- Pray for the girls as they continue in school and especially the ones who live here – all of them are carrying adult jobs and responsibilities within the mission because there are no adults to do it. We thank and praise God for their willingness to carry these loads.
- Pray for our elementary students that attend. The number is increasing again and we had 23 elementary students today. Pray that God will move them to accept Christ and work in their family to bring other family members.
- Pray for our high school students. Some of them are still afraid to let anyone at school know that they have accepted Christ and are Christians.
- Pray that God will continue to give John and Maeo strength and wisdom to continue to work with the children and be an example for them to follow.
- Thank and praise God for us too – the blessings that he provides are too numerous to list; the people he has blessed around here is beyond belief and many of them have failed to acknowledge his work up to now.
Lots of love and prayers to all; may God Bless and keep all of you as you continue to support us here. John and Maeo