Greetings and another first for the Christian Mission, thanks to God.
We did our first High School English Camp on June 15. The high school is located about 10-15 km back into the rice fields from our mission. Students who participated were grade 9 and grade 12 students. The concept is that the 12th grade students will return to their classes and teach and encourage the 10th and 11th grade students and the 9th grade students will work with grade 7 and grade 8 students. In addition they will put a team together that will go out and work with their elementary schools that feed to them and help 4th 5th and 6th grade students. The concept has been a success at some of the elementary schools where the principal and staff are really interested, but has not worked at other schools.
In addition, we had and American English teacher from another school bring three of his students and the students taught the other students a game and the teacher taught other teachers. The remarks from Dr Jay (a chiropractor by occupation) indicate that the teachers are really interested in the game as a means to improve their English. And students were receptive. Comments from my volunteer teachers were all positive and impressed by the interest shown, so we are praying that it will work. The potential is tremendous and the principal has already scheduled us to come back next month. We are also working on a reading program with this school for 8th graders and are encouraged by the response.
If this project works, our team of 6-8 students can influence several hundred students at a time in learning English.
Those of you who pray for us; the following prayer points:
- Pray that our teams will be willing to continue doing the teaching. Currently it means three Saturdays a month plus the preparation time to put the lessons together.
- Pray for the University Team – Bee, Fanta and Jane. Bee is the only Christian in this group.
- Pray for the Christian Mission team – Pan, Lita, Beem 2, Beem 1, Tat, and Bee. Beem 1 and Tat are not yet Christians.
- Pray that they will be examples at their individual schools and others will see Christ in the ones that believe.
- Pray for strength and wisdom for John and Maeo – that they can keep up this pace……
God Bless, lots of love and prayers and thank al of you who support us so much.
John and Maeo