Greetings from Nakhon Phanom, Thailand.
It rained most of the night but the sun came up this morning and things are pretty dry by now. We have been busy so far this month and will be busy the rest of the month. Bee, Beem 2 and Lita continue to be the main support for our activities here at the mission. They are involved in the Bible teaching of elementary kids, teaching English to the same group, participating in the Saturday English Camps – we have three this month. We hosted the Association prayer group meeting and Business meeting on June 3. Praise God things are moving forward. Paperwork has been approved for another church group to join our association so we praise God for that.
June 5 and 6, John and Maeo visited 5 high schools to deliver tuition assistance funds to 15 students. All together there are about30 or so students receiving tuition assistance from the Christian Mission or TLCB. We are praying for God to show us the way to expand this program.
English Camp on June 8. We visited a very small school – about 50 students last month; now they have over 70. The principal has introduced a kindergarten class and the parents are very, very happy.
June 15 is another English Camp; this time a high school. We are praying that the grades we teach – 9 and 12, will pass this information on to the younger students at the school and that the 7th and 8th graders will go to their local elementary school and teach the 4,5,6th graders there and then they teach the younger students at their school. Those that use the plan have found it very effective, but the problem is very few teachers are willing to do it because it involves more work on their part.
June 22 we go back to our most successful English Camp group. Four elementary schools have gotten together and are showing great progress in daring to speak out and increased self-confidence. We thank God for that.
- Pray for Surachai and Nipon as they visit in the villages. They are finding it much harder than they thought it would be. Satan has a stronghold here, and I don’t expect he will give up without a fight.
- Pray for Bee, Lita and Beem 2 as they continue to lead in the programs here.
- Pray for health and wisdom for John and Maeo. Praise God there has been nothing serious but the workload is still overwhelming at times.
- Pray for funding for the various programs going on here at the Christian Mission.
- Praise God for Blum and his recovery.
- Pray for the church association as it develops its plans, activities and mission and goals.
- Pray for our new church, Ban Lao as it develops and they begin to construct a building to hold church activities.
- Pray for all the girls who have left; that they will see the light that God offers them to find their way back here.
Thank you and God Bless, John, Maeo and the Christian Mission Team
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.