In March 2012 we published details of a trip Pastor J made to one of the “unreached” areas of the country that he visits regularly to share the Gospel. With that information we indicated that one of J’s desires was to be able to provide solar power equipment for some of the villages he visited. Through the generosity of some of God’s people in the United States, funds to provide solar power equipment for one village (NZ$750) were sent to Myanmar and equipment purchased for a village.
Pastor J has just returned from a further trip to that area and reports as follows…
“This is work report about solar. How we use the fund that you send for solar. We buy solar in town and carry to remote areas of village.
How solar is useful for the Lord is that…
- Children from village can study the Bible at night.
- Children from village can learn Government subject and lesson at night.
- New believers from village can see and hear more about Jesus’ film, Christian music, Christian video so on.
- Unbelievers from village can see about Jesus film, Christian video.
- People from village never see the film of Jesus before in their lifetimes. The first time to see the film of Jesus and the first to converted into Christian. Amen.
- People from village, by seeing and hearing about the word of God and Christian activity from video, we can share about the salvation of Jesus to them more than last year.
- This time of my trip, I can do more Bible study at night more than last year, because of the goodness of solar.
I give all the glory to the Lord.
I came back to Yangon on 15 March. So hard to go there, long walking by foot. I can go because of you, I can walk long hours by foot, because of you. You that send me into the remote areas of unreached people groups. Solar really touch the heart of unreached people and change the lives of unreached village people into Jesus, the Lord. Your fund that doing great thing and wonderful thing in the remote areas of unreached people groups and for them. Change the mind of the people. Real trip real amazing trip with the Lord. I will send you more how the Lord is moving in our trip in this time.”
Thank you for your prayers for our Brother J, and thank you to those who gave for this first set of solar equipment – it has made a tremendous difference – an eternal difference – in the lives of some in Myanmar, and will undoubtedly continue to do so.
Please continue to pray that we may be able to further meet this need. If you would like to assist with the purchase of solar equipment for another village, our treasurer would be pleased to hear from you.