Thank and praise God and praise all of you who have been praying for me and the health problems. The blood pressure is stabilized – but my activities are rather limited, so now the doctor will be adjusting the medications to see if I can do a bit more work and still keep the lower blood pressure. My work day has gone from 14-16 hours a day to about 6-7 hours a day, with 4-5 hours of “rest” time every day. That time is spent laying down and listening to CD’s, so it is not a total loss. My prayer is that I can get back to an 8 hour work day with breaks during the day.
God has blessed us in that the girls living here have stepped in and have taken over much of the work here in the church. We are down to a 35-45 minute sermon and the girls handle all of the worship team activities. Several of our schools have cancelled their English activities on their own, so we have not had to cancel too much.
Pictures for today are, first, of the elementary students practising yesterday for singing today – I didn’t get a picture of them singing today. Other pictures include our attendance and worship team. We had 29 people in church this morning; which is pretty good for this time of year with lots of other things going on.
Prayer points for this period:
- First “Official meeting” of the Christ for all people Church Association is tomorrow, Feb 4. Pray for wisdom and strength for all those attending as we set the plan for 2013, budget for 2013; discussion on where the money will come from; activities as far as seminars, orientations, Bible Camps, children’s programs, combined worship services; Easter, Mother’s Day, Christmas and other important programs.
- Second, pray for health and wisdom for John and Maeo. Both of us have been hit with the weather changes, getting older and blood pressure problems.
- Third, pray for the couple who will visit March 2-6 as they interview for the position as assistant pastor here at the mission.
- Fourth, pray for Jeff and Ernie and their trip to India and to Thailand; that God will help them understand what is going on both in India and here.
- Pray for John and Maeo for wisdom as we develop our student scholarship program for the Christian Mission and the Thai Lao Cambodia Brotherhood. Currently aver 30 students – high school and university – receive assistance from this program.
- Pray for guidance as the Christian Mission begins to help the Free Burma Rangers in their efforts to provide assistance of all kinds to the displaced persons in Northern Burma.
- Pray for the students living here at the Christian Mission; that as they have accepted Christ they will learn and grow in him and become strong witnesses and servants for him.
Thank you and God Bless, John and Maeo[nggallery id=170]