We are fast losing the balance of this year. Many, many activities going on in Thailand during October, November, and December. We here at the Christian Mission compete for the attention of the children as we try to teach them the word of God. As far as church activities, we have our regular program during the month of September, with two Saturday English Camps on Sep 8 and 22. We have a combined Youth meeting on September 15. Students begin end of semester exams sometime this month and will be out of school some parts of next month. Does that sound a bit vague? It is because the children don’t know as of yet. During October we have 6-10 teens that will be going to Bangkok – if their school is out – Oct 8-12. These are the teen leaders in our 5 churches. They will attend a week of teen leadership training and return to develop and manage the children’s programs at their various churches. Our teens return on the 12th of October and will open our VBS October 15-17. During this we are looking forward to our visitors arriving during this time period also.
We are getting the schedule set up for English Camps beginning in November and second semester – December, January, February and March. We will have 3 camps a month; each one having 8 volunteers and from 80-90 students. Currently 3 schools combine and get about 25 students apiece, with the host school getting a few extra. The principals want the program so badly that they are not above slipping in a few extra kids. Our camp on September 2 had 92 children. We currently serve 9 elementary schools and will have to find a way to help two high schools next term. The two high schools are piloting a program where they will go to their local elementary school and teach 4-6 graders who in turn teach 1-3 graders at their schools. The old, familiar applies. There is so much to do and so few people to do it. A couple by the name of Joe and Sandy Boys has been doing volunteer work with us for the past 5 or 6 months and they will be sorely missed. Joe is 72 and his wife is not far behind. 🙂
- Pray for our kids living here. Pan and Tat still have not accepted Christ and those who have, are having a hard time getting from being totally self-centered to being God centered.
- Pray for those who have attended but left the Christian Mission. They are desperate for love but seeking it in all the wrong places. The same thing applies to adults.
- Praise and thank God along with us for those who provide the prayer support – which is most important – as well as financial support so that we can keep going.
- Pray for strength and wisdom for our teen leaders – much of the responsibility for management of the programs here at this mission is taken on by them.
- Pray that God will raise up a Thai pastor for our mission.
- Pray for strength and wisdom for John and Maeo as they try to provide good leadership examples for the youth; and they participate in teaching programs and interaction with the community and schools.
Thank you and may God Bless and Keep – John, Maeo and the Christian Mission.[nggallery id=133]