Greetings from Nakhon Phanom. We are beginning to see a little more of the sun each day now. According to the calendar, the rainy season should be on the way out and up to this point we are praising God that human predictions have not come true up to this point. There has not been near as much flooding as was predicted, and that, for the most part has been cleaned up quickly.
On Saturday, September 23 we held our last English Camp for this semester. We came away from the camp with very mixed feelings. This was the last camp for Joe and Sandy Boys for this school year, but we are praying that it isn’t the last camp for them. When I first met them, they were planning on finishing up their year in September and going back to the US, They had an unpleasant experience with World Teach and quit with them in March of 2012. Thank and praise God he got us together with them and they have been working with us since them. Between the two of them they have put in around a 1000 volunteer hours – teaching driving and preparing lessons, and so on and on and on. They truly have been a blessing from God. They leave for the US on September 26, but have asked us to save a bunch of their stuff for when they return. Please pray that this happens and it is in God’s plan for them to come back again.
Our children are in the process – some of them – of taking exams; one has finished and several start on Oct 1. In the meantime we pray for all of them.
- Those children who have not accepted Christ.
- Those who have accepted Christ but are still drinking babies’ milk
- Those who want to accept Christ but are afraid to do so.
- Those who know what they are hearing is the truth but are too hard-headed to admit it.
- Continued financial support so we do not have to close down programs.
- Strength, health and wisdom for John, Maeo, Bee and Nun – the main leaders of Christian Mission.
- Thank God for blessing us by sending Joe and Sandy to work with us for several months.
- Thank God for blessing us by having a swift approval for our new Non-Government Organization. Lots of hope and promise for after the first of they year to increase spreading of the Gospel of Christ.
- Thank God for the 30-some students now receiving financial educational support. Especially thank those who provide the support.
Thank you, praise God and may he keep you in the hollow of his hand as we walk down his road together.
God Bless, John and Maeo