Our last English Camp for this month will be on August 25; then we have three English Camps in September and the first semester of school is over. At this point, we have VBS round 2 in October, a teen leader seminar – 4 days – in Bangkok and visitors from the US and New Zealand.
We are in the process of organizing our 4 New Tribes Churches and the Christian Mission into a Non-Government Religious Organization. We (the Christian Mission) has been under the umbrella of New Tribes for the last 7-8 years and New Tribes is closing down, as such, the end of December this year. After much prayer and talking among us, we decided unanimously to organize as a separate entity and continue to work together the way we have in the past. Paperwork has been sent to Bangkok and we have been assured that everything will pass without a problem – it is a mere formality because a few years ago the paperwork was submitted and approved, then the group changed its mind. However, the Evangelical Fellowship of Thailand – the overseeing group and coordinator with the government – is having problems. There is a very un-Christian struggle going on at the moment. We have been assured that it will not be a problem, but I will believe it when the formal papers for approval are in my hands. Please pray that all goes well.
Pray for Bee and Nun. They are having some compatibility problems right now and we have not yet been able to get to the bottom of it. They are our two main leaders in most of the programs here at the Mission. Pray that God will resolve the issues and bring them together so they can be true witnesses for Christ.
Bpun decided last night to move back home and has not given me an acceptable reason as of yet. My fear is the temptation of her friends is proving to be too much for her and she feels too restricted here at the Christian Mission. Not sure yet how that will affect her work here at the mission.
- Pan and Tat – that they will accept Christ
- Bee, Nun, Ploy, Lita and Beem 2 – that they will accept the responsibility of being witnesses for Christ and continue to grow.
- John and Maeo – strength and wisdom to deal with the daily activities over and over.
- Student Scholarship Program – funds be available to support our students in school
- Soup of Love – That it will be an effective witness of Christ’s love
- Funds to support the girls living here
- Approval of our Non-Government Organization in a timely manner without bumps and blocks
Thank you and God Bless, John and Maeo[nggallery id=130]