Tradition started with a celebration at the Sub-District office on Thursday morning; then a half day celebration by the local school – held at the village Buddhist Temple. Our efforts here had a full day of practice and rehearsal here at the Christian Mission for our service on Sunday.
Sunday started at about 5:30 am when the girls who were dancing, arrived to get dressed and get their makeup put on. A little before 8 am, John left to pick up those who were ready in our villages around here. At about 9 am the first contingent arrived from one of our churches – Kuseman – they had about 25 or so people. Our own people began arriving at about 8 am and continued to arrive until our service started at about 9:45 am. Kusakoi church arrived just under the wire by getting here at about 9:44 am. The service itself started at 9:45 and finished at about 12:10 pm. After that there was lunch for everyone – about 120 people – at least that is how many signed in and we don’t know how many failed to do so. Lunch finished at about 1 pm and John began taking everyone back home. Mission accomplished by about 2 pm. All of the girls have gone home for the rest of Sunday and will be back for English classes at 6 pm on Monday – school is closed on Monday.
- Pray for our unsaved neighbors that they may see Christ in us and want to know him also.
- Pray for our teens who say they have been saved – that the evidence of this will be seen in changed lives and actions.
- Pray for our teens and children who have not yet accepted Christ – that God may open their eyes so they can see the truth.
- Pray for John and Maeo – for strength and wisdom so they can be living models for our youth to follow.
- Pray for continued financial support so we may continue to help children to be able to continue school; that we can continue to teach; that we can continue to conduct Saturday English Camps.
- Pray God will provide a Thai pastor to assist with the programs here at the church.
- Pray that the paperwork for our request to become an NGO will process in record time and be approved.
- Pray that the Evangelical Fellowship of Thailand will resolve their problems. There is a very non-Christian power struggle going on and the possibility of corruption also.
Update: Bluem is back at home; will see the doctor on Aug 20. Mother has a problem with a viral infection, so pray it isn’t passed on to the baby.
Update: Website has continued his first phase of Chemo and has returned to Nakhon Phanom. However he had developed side effects and is currently in the hospital at Nakhon Phanom. We will visit tomorrow.
Thank you for your prayers and support. May God Bless and Keep – John and Maeo.