Sister Ruth Devairakkam recently reported as follows…..
“LIGHT-UP KLUANG” – A KLUANG CHURCH PRAYER INITIATIVE (25 February, 2012)
Advent Christian Church, Kluang, Malaysia participated in the above-mentioned combined Churches prayer initiative. 15 Churches were represented for “Light-up Kluang”.
Nehemiah the Builder-Leader’s call : “Come and let us build…….” (2 : 7b) Like Nehemiah, the ministers, pastors and leaders in Kluang are leading and working with the believers in a building project : building the kingdom of God in our city. We prayed for our gate-keepers.
- Spiritually discerning and perceptive so that they will hear beyond the words of man and seek to know the will of God in their respective ministries.
- Weeping first and working later. Minister to God first, minister to man later.
- Courage to obey God’s instruction and direction and faith to believe that He will supply all the help and the resources needed.
- To have the strategies of God as they build the broken walls of our city and to be dependent on God, continually looking to Him in faith and trust.
- For God’s protection, recognize the tactics of the enemy, have the wisdom of God to avoid being trapped and ensnared by the evil one.
The response of the people in Jerusalem : “Let us rise up and build.” (2 : 18b)
We prayed for all of us, that we…
- who bear the name of Jesus will have a great passion to see His Name glorified and and magnified in our city.
- will indeed RISE UP, GET OUT of our comfort zone and be actively involved in our Father’s business of building broken walls around us (e.g. broken families / relationships, breakdown in marriages, personal and family altars, values, etc.)
- will be united, of one heart and one spirit serving God with a common goal in mind; supporting and serving one another with our resources, talents and spiritual gifts.
- will be spiritually alert to the wily schemes of the enemy seeking to mock, intimidate and distract us, causing us to lose our focus in the pursuit of God.
- submit to and flow with the leaders and authorities that God has placed over us that we may prosper in the work of our hand and in that way bring glory and honour to His Name.
We sang this song:
For I’m building a people of power,
And I’m making a people of praise,
That will move through this land by My Spirit,
And will glorify My precious Name.
Build Your Church Lord, Make us strong Lord,
Join our hearts Lord through Your Son,
Make us strong Lord in Your Body,
In the kingdom of Your Son.
We SPOKE this blessing over Kluang :
KLUANG, the Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His Face shine upon you, and be gracious to you.
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.
Numbers 6 : 24 – 26 (NKJ)
The above prayer points were inspired by NEHEMIAH, Chapters 1 – 6.
Please pray along for the Churches in Kluang.
May you always have victory in Jesus’ Name.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.