The ministry was started there in 1950, and a new church building was commenced in 1980 and finished and dedicated in 1985 with only a few families in membership. When he was first posted to the church there were only 8 families worshiping there.
When they dedicated their new church building on 6 November 2011, there were 28 families – about 100 believers – in membership. Mission Manager Immanuel attended the dedication of the new building to represent the Mission and Advent Christians around the world.
Please remember in prayer this Advent Christian outreach in suburban Chennai, praying that their new building may soon be filled and may be like the Biblical “city set on a hill” – not hidden from those in the community.