Below is a report recently received from one of the leaders of the Advent Christian Conference of Myanmar (ACCM) – Pastor J. For security reasons I have edited the report slightly to remove individual’s names and place names, but otherwise the report is just as J wrote it.
Pastor J is leader of one of the four organisations which are part of the ACCM, and his organization has 23 churches with about 230 members and a Bible College which at the last advice had 21 students with 10 volunteer lecturers. They also care for 12 orphaned children. He is also presently Chairman of the ACCM and will retain that position until the end of this year.
Can I ask you to do as our Brother J asks and pray for him and his family, his organization and its ministries? I will endeavour to update the situation as I receive further information. I believe that our believing prayer will bring results for God’s glory.
“Dear my leaders and Friends in Jesus,
I would like to inform about what the great problem I faced recently on Wednesday 14 September 2001 to still today. Three of my professors rebelled against me that lack of financial and facility. They persuaded my students to quarrel each other. Finally, the problem that arose very small before was so serious.
Because of their silly advice, one of my student was beaten bleeding the blood by two students who follow what advice. So now my place came to be that of the place of shedding blood instead of glorifying God. One night they came to my house and they destroyed the door to beat a student who they object that he was the one who always report what ever they inconsistently done unexampled things. The reason they came to my house was that I kept the students what they several times tries to beat. The conspiracy they have I eventually found was to lead my people astray and destroy my ministry. Its very sorrowful and bitter what so ever they spoke and did to me. One more sadly thing is they tries to persuaded all the students and members and leave me alone. They are ready to fight me and kill our ministries.
Please pray for us. We need your prayer support.
- Please remember us in your prayer. Without your prayer support I can not be here and do God’s ministries.
- Pray for my daughters (2 and half years old and one month old). They feel fear and sad. Pray that the Lord will give them peace.
- Pray for all students. They fear these three teachers. Because these three teachers can make great problem or trouble to them any time or any places.
- Pray that I may stand strong through the storm, problem, suffering, difficult and trial for Christ.
- Pray that the Lord will provide the needs for our Ministries for His glory. Thank you for standing with us and for us for His glory.
- Pray that I may have the following qualification for my leadership and a spiritual check every day;
- Have I spoken or thought evil of anyone today?
- Did I act in a selfish way toward anyone today?
- Was I happy or even unconcerned about someone else’s failure?
- Was I discouraged or depressed over anything today?
- Did I do or say anything which was not profitable or edifying?
- Is there any bad thought in my heart toward anyone?
- Did I try to live simply, avoiding luxury as far as possible?
- Was I concerned about the opinion of any man today?
- Have I cast my every care and burden on the Lord?
- Was I a servant to all whom I came across today?
- Did I value and delight in my fellow-believers?
- Is there anyone I have not forgiven totally from my heart?
- Did I speak a word of encouragement or appreciation to anyone?
- Did I impatient with anyone today?
- Did I seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness first today?
- Have I prayed for those who hate me and persecute?
“The snare is broken, we are escaped. Our help is in the name of the Lord, who make heaven and earth”.