Dear Supporters and friends of the Advent Christian work in the Philippines. It is a privilege to be able to report to you again. There will be two “Updates” this time. The first will be the usual one and the second will be from the Bishop of BPACCI, Rev. Efren Miranda on his first one hundred days in the position.
PASTOR ROY ROCHA, Novaliches, Manila writes to you all. To all our friends:
We are thankful to you for your earnest prayer for me and New Life in Christ Ministry (NLCM). you may not know exactly how grateful we are each time we learn people in some parts of the world are praying for us, but we want you to know that we are what we are now because of God in some ways have answered your prayers, so, again with a greatness of heart, we thank you and we love you!
New Life In Christ will be celebrating its 2nd year anniversary “2 Taon na po kami” this coming September 25, 2011. The kids Ministry, Youth, and Cellgroups are busy preparing for special presentations for the celebration. this coming Saturday, September 17 will be baptism for 7 new believers and on Friday, September 16 will working with the leaders of Accelerated Learning System (ALS-a Ministry for the out of school youth) in facilitating “Encounter with God Seminar.” over 100 young men and women are expected to attend for this 1 day event. I am thankful that God is using me to bring good news that result to life change in young people here at Quezon city.
- Good weather for our coming anniversary. Weather forecast on that day is anticipating storms.
- Pray For Richard Pelin Jr. for wisdom as he continues to teach at ALS and Baptismal Class in our church.
- Pray for our up-coming baptism event, most especially the candidates that their commitment to the Lord will not be swayed by the challenge among cults groups (Iglesia Ni Christo) who is strong in our area. Pray that they will be able to stand firm in their faith.
- Pray that we will be sensitive in listening to God’s direction for ministry opportunities here. New Life In Christ is a movement that aims life transformation in making disciples in areas where God would be leading us.
For all of you who would like to know more about me, New Life in Christ Ministry, and Youth United, see us on facebook or email: email@example.com
PASTOR BENJIE RAGAS reports that the work at Macanhan, CDO, is going well. A former student of OBC, Ryan Namata, is now working alongside Pastor Benjie, concentrating on music and training the young people to lead worship in the church. Pastor Benjie continues with preaching and teaching, with others taking a greater part in Sunday services. This augurs well for the life of the congregation. The area of Macanhan continues to be a community of transitory residents. This means that church attendees may be there only for a short period.
PASTOR RENIEL COMAJEG reports that his baby, Elisha Grant, has been quite sick recently. At first the Dr. thought that the problem might be dengue but thankfully it was measles. At the time of writing Elisha is much better and the measles seem to have disappeared. We praise the Lord for this as Elisha and his parents have had quite a rough few months regarding his health. They thank you for your prayers on their behalf.
PASTOR JONATHAN NAVACILLA reports that “The Church here in Banilad, Cebu (Blessed Hope Christian Fellowship) is very grateful for your prayers. Please continue to pray for financial provision for the ministry in Umapad, Mandaue city that we will be able to build a meeting place there. As of the moment the parents and the children there that we are ministering to and the church volunteers are always having a difficult time whenever it rains because at this time we are meeting in the side of a road in the area. It’s muddy even with just a small amount of rain and dusty when it’s not raining (the road is not paved). The church desires to rent a place near there or to build a small building if there is a lot (site) that is for sale in the area. That is the reason we need your partnership in prayer in this matter. We believe that this is God’s ministry and He will provide.
The preaching class went well and I have been blessed with the lives of the young people in the class. God is using these young people to impact the lives of the people in the Church and they have been an encouragement to me. Thank you for your prayers!
Demver is doing well in his internship here. As of this time there are already 6 new believers that are willing to undergo water baptism. 4 of them are Demver’s contacts. Please continue to pray for more people to come to the Lord.
We will have a Basketball Evangelistic league this coming October. Please pray for God’s grace and provision it. We need basketball uniforms and are looking for resources to buy them. God has been using the Church’s Basketball and Volleyball ministry to reach to the unbelievers especially the young people. We are currently doing follow-up Bible Studies for not less than 20 people as a result of these ministries. We need God’s strength and grace to do this. Pray for more leaders and workers.”
- October Pray for the OBC Interns as they return to college later this month, having completed this phase of their training.
- Pray for the Basketball Evangelistic League to be held in Cebu this month.
- Pray for those of the Novaliches New Life in Christ fellowship who were baptised recently, (September 17) that they would grow strong in their faith.
- Pray for those from Banilad, Cebu who desire to be baptised. May the be encouraged in their faith as they take this step of obedience.
- Pray for the continued work at Umapad, Cebu, that a suitable place, out of the dust and mud, would be found or built in which to hold the ministries there.
- Give thanks for the work of OBC interns, particularly Richard Pelin Jnr. and Demver Fuentes that the impact they have had would continue
- Give thanks for Pastor Benjie Ragas and those who assist him as they continue the ministry at Macanhan. Pastor Benjie also holds down a full-time secular job to support him and the ministry.
- Pray for continued health improvement for Elisha Comajeg and Jobi Anne Comahig. Give thanks for the improvement they have had so far.
- Give thanks for the success of the preaching classes at Banilad. Pray that the young people who took part will take an active role in the preaching and teaching in the church.
Thank you again for your continued support of this work in the Lord’s service and His Name. May you all know His peace, strength and blessing.
With regards and blessings