Greetings to you all in our Lord’s name. Thank you again for your continued support and interest in the work in the Philippines.
ORO BIBLE COLLEGE: Mm Nely Gamayon reports – “Greetings from OBC.
We have started classes in June 6. Enrolment is not yet done, there are still students enrolling. As of today, our enrolment is 27 in the AB Theology program and 25 in the preschool.
In the AB program, there are 9 first years, 5 second years, 6 third year and 7 fourth year.
The interns were presented to their places of assignment in June 5.
Demver Fuentes – in Cebu with Jonathan Navacilla as Supervisor – Reniel Adviser
Richard Pelin – in Novaliches with Roy Rocha as supervisor and Billy Adviser
Romeo Bobby Valera – Calvary chapel in Cagayan De Oro, Michael Ohlman supervisor and Mrs. Gamayon adviser
Vic Geron Velasco – MBC, Cagayan De Oro – Ptr. Molina supervisor, Reniel Comajeg adviser
Uriarter sisters are assigned in Surigao, with their own group, Mrs. Laturgo Adviser
Genelou Zambas, Nehemiah House – Roxan Campos (OBC Alumni) supervisor and Minda Lipanta – adviser.
Students will begin with their weekend ministries this Sunday, June 19. The church planting team for the first semester will be the third year students and the First year NSTP.
We thank God all the part time teachers came back to teach the Gen Ed courses. Pastor Roberto Saballero is teaching the PE courses this first semester. For the Second semester, he will teach two more courses in addition to PE. He teaches PE until we find one who is qualified to teach the course.
1. Health of Faculty ( Ptr. Jess and Ptr. Reniel have been sick with flu and LBM.
2. God’s provision for OBC operation – this year the approved budget carries a deficit of P403, 027.90. (NZ$11,403)
3. Funds for scholarship and food assistance to needy students this year.
4. Community outreach and church planting – more people will come to know the Lord as their Savior. Those who have accepted the Lord will also seek more of Him to grow spiritually.Pray also that the Bible study contacts will continue and more will join in the Bible studies conducted during the week and during the weekend.
Sincerely in Christ,
Nely A. Gamayon
BPACCI: In the last “Update” I said that a new Bishop (Conference President) would be appointed at the May BPACCI Convention. I am pleased to report that Pastor Efren Miranda from Iligan was appointed, replacing Rev Eleazar Comajig who has served as Bishop for four years. As the Bishop cannot be the pastor of a church Pastor Efren’s congregation called Pastor Eleazar Pastor and so a straight “swap” was able to take place. Pastor Efren and his family will continue to live in Iligan in the mean time to enable his children to continue at their school. Reniel Comajeg reports
“Last June 11, we at the Macajalar Bay Distrcit Pastors met at Maranatha Bible Church, Natumulan, Tagoloan, Misamis Oriental for prayer and fellowship. We had a great time there with Pastor Roberto Saballero joining the fellowship. We discussed to make a regular monthly publication (newspaper) for Macajalar Bay District that will be sold for Php 10 for IGP. It will be spearheaded by Pastor Roberto and Pastor Alex Dane with Pastors Billy, Ronie, Rucky and Reniel as correspondents.
Bishop Efren Miranda asks if our brothers and sisters in the Lord in New Zealand could pray for wisdom and God’s guidance for him as he takes full responsibility in leading the conference for the next two years. He will start visiting Churches this week (Mindagat, Malitbog, Bukidnon and Calinan, Davao City).
He is also proposing for an Evangelism conference for this coming October. Please pray specifically for financial aspects, that the Lord will provide in His own way.
PASTOR ROY ROCHA: It is sad to report that Pastor Roy is again not well. He reports
“We are ok. Richard is doing well and adjusting to speaking TAGALOG language.
I was so busy looking for new school for my Kids and looking for funds for their enrollment. Then I have to accompany them to school and get them in the afternoon.
You know, I do all things in my home and for the kids.
I am not physically well, I think I have sickness. My legs get tired easily. I can’t stand long and walk far. My knee hurts.
Nothing (else) to say sorry about, I am fine, just that I already close my SKYPE account and I am barely into internet.”
We need to remember that conditions and finances can be very difficult for our Pastors and yet they continue to maintain a faithful witness and ministry.
We are still doing Bible studies in Umapad, Mandue City, Cebu for the parents of the children that are attending our children’s ministry there. This Bible study is composed mostly of women since the men are working during daytime. Demver is of great help in our work here in Cebu. This time while I am doing Bible studies in Umapad, he is the one leading Bible studies for our contacts in the Basketball ministry. There are about not less than 18 people that are attending the Bible studies every Saturday afternoon for our Basketball ministry. Demver is doing a good job( I have supervised him for the first 2 meetings of the Bible Study).
Please pray for him because I will delegate the Bible study for the Basketball ministry to him after another meeting.
Preaching class is every Friday night from 7-9pm. Please pray for wisdom of the future preachers of the church. Next Friday we will make a schedule for them to preach during mid-week prayer meetings and Sunday afternoon service. They’ve had preached in class but this will be their first time to preach in front of the congregation.”
Pastor Jonathan has not been particularly well lately, but thanks be to the Lord, he seems to be on the mend now. He is not studying this semester as he already has the subjects which were being offered. He was disappointed at first but with his health at the moment he realizes that it is a good thing that he does not have the added stress of studying.
PASTOR BENJIE RAGAS reports that the CCF Anniversary together with the outreach and has been held. He said
“Thanks to God the event was so successful because God ordered everything start from planning until the activity was finish. I was able to borrowed a bus from the city mayor so that everybody will participate. Our ministry at Balingasag will be started and we need your prayer.”
Balingasag is Pastor Benjie’s home town, about 60kms north east of CDO.
PASTOR BILLY COMAHIG writes
Dear Brethren, Thanks for your prayers. As of now I am involve in the ministry of Oro Bible College. I am serving as the Co-curricular coordinator of the college and its my responsibility to facilictate the activities of the college like ” Jose Rizal Day” that we have done recently which is mandated by our government. During the Rizal Day celebration the students were involve in doing the activities, The students perform some poem recital, short drama, and Interpretative dance accompanied with a song. The activities help the development of the students talents and abilities to communicate and express what they have learned from God’s word.
Aside from my involvement in the ministry of Oro Bible College, I was also involve in the ministry of the Advent Christian Churches in Cagayan de Oro, Tagoloan, Opol and some churches in Bukidnon by serving as secretary of the District.
Recently, I was conducting Bible Studies with a group of students in the city of Cagayan de Oro. Few days ago, a young student accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior.
Our country again experiences some flooding due to the typhoon that hits the country recently. There are areas in Mindanao, in Luzon and in Visayas that are greatly affected. As of the moment I did not hear any news about Advent Christian Churches affected by the typhoon.
- Please Pray that the Bible study that I have with a group of students will continue.
- Please Pray for my protection as I travel everyday to do some lectures at Oro Bible College.
- Please Pray for strength of the students and the faculty and staff of Oro Bible College.
- Please pray for the good health of my family.
- Please Pray for safety of Dr. Nely A. Gamayon, Ph.D. and Bishop Eleazar M. Comajig as they attend the Triennial Convention.
- Please Pray for the flood victims who lost their Houses and their properties because of the Flooding that Hits in some areas in Mindanao, in Luzon and in Visayas.
Billy M. Comahig
In addition to those points mentioned by Mm Nely and Pastor Billy.
- Pray for Pastor Benjie as he starts the ministry at Balingasag again.
- Please pray for the Young Speakers Classes being taken by Pastor Jonathan Navacilla that the young people will be well equipped to preach the word.
- Please pray for renewed health and strength for Pastor Roy and Pastor Jonathan.
- Pray for Bishop Efren Miranda as he becomes accustomed to the responsibilities of Bishop of the Conference.
- Pray for the ministry of “Brother’s Keeper” Basketball Ministry in Cebu.
- Pray for safety as Mm Nely Gamayon and Pastor Eleazar attend the Triennial Conference in the USA.
- Give thanks that the interns of OBC are doing well, particularly Richard and Demver about whom we have had reports.
Thank you all once again, for your continued support for this work. May the Lord bless you all as you pray for and support our Filipino brothers and sisters.
In His precious Name