Greetings once again, to all our supporters and friends of the work in the Philippines. We value your continued interest through prayer and finance. Without this support from each of you some of the work may not be so effective.
PASTOR JONATHAN NAVACILLA recently reported that he had conducted two baptisms, one lady from the Umapad outreach and one from Banilad. There were to have been four baptised but in one family there was a death and in another a matter needing urgent attention. At the time of writing the young people from Banilad, Cebu and from the churches on the islands of Bohol and Leyte have just concluded their summer camp. The camp was held at Ubay, Bohol. Most of the organisation and running of the camp has fallen on Pastor Jonathan’s shoulders.
BPACCI The BPACCI Convention will be held May 17 -19 near Butuan, Mindanao. This is held biennially. There will be the appointment of a new Bishop (President) following the convention.
MACAJALAR BAY YOUTH. The young people from this area, which is based around Cagayan De Oro, held their summer camp at Claveria this week. Young people from seven churches were present with some from two of the local churches attending the evening meetings.
JEFF AND RHONDA WALSH AND FAMILY departed from Cagayan De Oro and the Philippines on May 5th having served with OBC since 2005 and for fifteen months during 2001 and 2002. Their departure means that OBC is now fully staffed entirely by Filipinos. We wish The Walsh family the best and God’s leading as they all settle back into life in the USA. We pray for OBC as staff, students and faculty begin the new school year.
ORO BIBLE COLLEGE Mm Nely Gamayon reports a very busy summer period. Some of the students have been involved in running a DVBS under the leadership of Pastor Jess Gawangon and Mm Minda Lipanta This was conducted at Macasandig, CDO. Other students were involved with summer classes under the instruction of Pastors Jess Gawangon and Billy Comahig. With the retirement of Mm Fe Mendoza the new staff appointments are Finance Officer – Myriam Abejuela and the new Registrar – Mizpah Joy Zambas. Mm Myriam Abejuela was the former registrar. The preschool also did a summer tutorial class in reading, writing and mathematics to 9 kids. Classes are still going on this week. Mm Nely’s full report is published separately.
- Pray for those young people who have been challenged by the Holy Spirit at the camps at Ubay and Claveria this week.
- Pray for Jeff and Rhonda Walsh and family as they settle back into US life. Ben will be attending school having been home schooled previously.
- Pray for OBC faculty, staff and students as the new school year commences.
- Pray for the new OBC Finance Officer – Myriam Abejuela and the new Registrar – Mizpah Joy Zambas as they commence their new duties.
- Pray for the OBC Interns as they go out from the college for four months to their various places of assignment.
- Pray for the person who will be elected as the new Bishop of BPACCI.
- Pray for those from Banilad and Umapad who were baptised recently that they will grow in their faith.
Yours with grateful thanks and blessings in Christ our Lord
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.