Dear Sir Grant,
Greetings in the most precious Name of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. OBC has just completed the summer classes offered: Church Administration- taught by Pastor Jess Gawangon and Theology 3 – Christ and Discipleship. Each class was taught for two weeks, from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00; 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. Library study is in the evenings. In Pastor Jess’ class, the students had a really good time doing their practice in conducting baptism, funeral service, child dedication, wedding ceremony with Genelou as the bride and Demver as the groom.
The preschool also did a summer tutorial class in reading, writing and mathematics to 9 kids. Classes are still going on this week.
As OBC had been doing community extension at the BOHAI community in Barangay Macasandig, Cagayan de Oro, we decided to conduct a DVBS in April. With Minda Lipanta, Ptr. Jess and the teachers of the Preschool, we conducted a workshop and training for the students who volunteered to teach and help in the DVBS. Cyril Ople, Mizpah Zambas, Julie Pallo, Rowena Abarabar, Joveena Pabayo, Amor Labastida, Genelou Zambas, Lovely Compra, Jedno Pabayo, Jeffrey Pusa, Demver Fuentes and Vic Geron Velasco attended the seminar that was done on April 6-8, 2011 at OBC.
The DVBS was conducted in April 25 – 30, 2011. The Beginners/Preschool class, taught by Genelou and lovely had 20 children; primary-taught by Cyril and Joveena had 28 children; Intermediate, taught by Mizpah and Rowena had 18 kids. Particularly the kids in the primary and intermediate were personally dealt with their salvation. The kids accepted the Lord as their personal savior.
In the afternoon and evenings, Pastor Jess and some students did Bible classes to the adults – 12 and 8 young people. There were 10 who accepted the Lord as their savior. We also distributed 10 Bibles to the youth and adults during the graduation ceremony on the 30th.
Jeff Walsh and Nathan Gamayon, in two vehicles, drove the students and faculty to and from the area for the DVBS.
Here are some pictures of the Activity:
(hover over the photo to read the caption)[nggallery id=53]
- 50 kids to enrol in the Preschool
- Addition of classrooms for the Preschool
- 25 new students in the AB Program
- Health for faculty and staff and students
- Adjustment of the Finance Officer – Myriam Abejuela and the new Registrar – Mizpah Joy Zambas
- Wisdom and strength for the Director, Mrs. Gamayon for the training and guidance to the new employees
- Part-time faculty who are teaching the General Education subjects
- The newly approved budget for AY 2011-2012 with a deficit of P 403,027.90
- Travel of the Director to attend the ACGC Triennial Convention, health and finances, together with Bishop Eleazar Comajig; and the Officer in Charge of OBC while Mrs. Gamayon is away.
- Health and safety of Ptr. Billy Comahig as he travels every day from home to work
- Retirement fund for Miss Lipanta who is going to retire in April 2014.
- Application of OBC to CHED for more concentrations in the AB program: Missions, Pastoral Ministry, Christian Education
- Completion of requirements for the CHED Institutional Quality Assurance Monitoring Evaluation
- Internship of the Following:
- Richard Pelin Jr. – Manila with Roy Rocha as Supervisor
- Demver Fuentes – Cebu – Jonathan Navacilla – Supervisor
- Vic Geron Velasco – Maranatha Cagayan – Rev. Molina – Supervisor
- Genelou Zambas – Nehemiah House
- Uriarte Sisters – Surigao City
- Romeo Bobby Valera – Calvary chapel Cagayan de Oro
- Safe travel of college advisers and coordination with supervisors
- Richard- Ptr. Billy Comahig
- Demver – Ptr. Jess Gawangon
- Vic Geron – Ptr. Reniel Comajeg
- Genelou – Minda Lipanta
- Uriarte Sisters – Fe Laturgo
- Bobby Valera – Director
- More souls to be saved with students and faculty ministry
- More bibles needed for distribution to Bible study contacts.
Dr. Nely A. Gamayon, Ph.D