Today was a blessed Sunday again. This was our every two month meeting of all of our churches and it is always a blessing. The Christian Mission provides assistance for fuel costs for some of the churches that could not afford otherwise to attend. The group keeps getting bigger and bigger and today there two foreigners at the service – me and Greg. He works with another missionary group into agriculture work. We left home with our group at 8 am and arrived at the church at a little after nine. As usual we were the first to arrive so we had time to sit around and talk to folks a bit. The church in Nong Khon Kaen is a very active church and the largest in our group. They have 60-70 people of all ages in attendance every Sunday. There were 6 churches from 3 provinces there and my guess is that there were 150 plus people. There services are active and full of fun and there was a very good preacher this morning.
The room was packed with all kinds, sizes and shapes of people, probably ranging in age from 6 months to 80 plus; all were singing and praising God and it is great to have a chance to get to a service like that from time to time. As a group; some of our current prayers are:
- Funding for a water well for the village of Laobada
- Funding for a generator for the church at Laobada
- Prayer for Nhum and Note – two young pastors and church leaders going back to School – correspondence
- Pray for the teens of all the churches – that they will remain firm in God despite of all the pressures being placed upon them
- English Camp program of the Christian Mission – we want to expand/move from schools to the churches in our group.
- Our children here at the Christian Mission as they go back to school
- Wah and Bpao, our interns, as we formalize their training schedule and get them out into the villages.
Thanks you for your prayers and support and may God Bless and keep all of you. John and Maeo.[nggallery id=50]